v4.23/v4.22: Irfanview Hangs on Color Corrections

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Reported v4.23/v4.22: Irfanview Hangs on Color Corrections

Since 4.22, when I attempt to access the Color Corrections, either through the menu or with [Shift]-G, Irfanview hangs and can only be closed through Task Manager.
    May the Lord Bless Your Steps

Tom ('Mas) Pickering
    info@photopicks.net
    Servant to the King <)><

Unable to reproduce here, and not enough information to test this.

Does it happen with all images?

Have you tried reinstalling IrfanView and the latest plugins?
    Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

Yes, it happens with all images and yes, have re-installed program and plugins for both 4.22 and 4.23 with no change in the results.

Tom ('Mas) Pickering
      info@photopicks.net
      Servant to the King <)><

Comment

Originally posted by maspick View Post
        Yes, it happens with all images and yes, have re-installed program and plugins for both 4.22 and 4.23 with no change in the results.
        I think there must be something wrong with your installation/system then, because here I can open and close the 'Color Corrections' dialog without any problem, just like Bhikku said he can. I've tested it on two different computers using IV 4.23. One of them is fully updated with WinXP SP3 etc, with the other being still at WinXP SP2 (for weird reasons I won't detail here), and on both systems this 'Color Correction' dialog of IV works fine.

What computer and OS are you using ?
        Also, what graphics card and display drivers ?

(I know that your sig states WinXP SP3, but I still want it confirmed that this is the system where you had the problem.)

Best regards: dlanor
        Last edited by dlanor; 09.05.2009, 11:06 AM.

Comment

I know this is an old thread, but I have been having the same problem since I went to Win7. I have used IRfanview for many years with no issues, but if I click on Color Corrections, the program freezes and can only be closed with Task Manager.

I also get frequent "Low Memory" warnings, even though my new system has 4x the physical memory of my old one, that never displayed this issue.

Sure would like to be able to use Color Correction, anyone have any ideas?
          BTW, I upgraded to 4.3 hoping it would solve the problem, but it does not.

Comment

Originally posted by trooplewis View Post
            I know this is an old thread, but I have been having the same problem since I went to Win7. I have used IRfanview for many years with no issues, but if I click on Color Corrections, the program freezes and can only be closed with Task Manager.

I also get frequent "Low Memory" warnings, even though my new system has 4x the physical memory of my old one, that never displayed this issue.

Sure would like to be able to use Color Correction, anyone have any ideas?
            BTW, I upgraded to 4.3 hoping it would solve the problem, but it does not.
            I'd try completely uninstalling, rebooting, then installing again. That's what fixed me long ago. Have installed it on numerous Win7 systems with no incident.

Tom ('Mas) Pickering
            info@photopicks.net
            Servant to the King <)><

Comment

Hi,

after the reboot you should check that the IrfanView folder in the program files is removed before re-installing it.

Regards
              Nils

Comment

Working...
              X