Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

V4.25: CanonScan - Parameter is incorrect

Hello!
    I installed Windows 7 on my PC. Canon LiDE 90 installed easily. Everything went fine until I tried to scan in IrfanView.
    After clicking Acquire scanner powers up and after that I get an error box from ScanGear "Parametr jest niepoprawny" (Parameter is incorrect). It repeats few times and in the end I get another error box. This time from IrfanView. I've put it as an attachment.
    Could you help me to solve this problem?
    Thank you in advance
    Attached Files
    Last edited by patak; 25.10.2009, 08:20 AM.

It is difficult to resolve such problems unless someone else happens to be using the same scanner on Windows 7 — I don't suppose that IrfanView 4.25 has even been tested in Windows 7 yet. Did you also have problems on Vista or XP with this scanner?

The best option is to use another program for scanning, save scans in a lossless format such as PNG or TIF, then open them in IrfanView.
    Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

Seems reasonable to assume that Irfanview is passing exactly the same parameters to your scanner under Windows7 as it did under your old operating system. If the Lide90 driver for that OS accepted those parameters then the problem is most likely in the Windows7 Lide90 driver. You should perhaps contact Canon or an appropriate forum.

I assume you are running 32bit Windows7? I seem to recall some previous reports of problems with the interface to this range of scanners under Vista 64bit.

Comment

It doesn't work on Vista x64. On XP it worked, but I think with older version of IrfanView.
        I 'm running it on Windows 7 32-bit.

I've installed older version of IV - 4.10. It works now perfectly.
        Last edited by patak; 25.10.2009, 08:51 PM.

Comment

I cannot think of anything that is supposed to have changed since v4.10 that might affect Scan Acquire.

Comment

It's strange I think, but installing older version solved the problem.
            It works now on Vista 64 also.

Comment

Interesting. Since you are clearly not working in the English language I wonder if it is the Unicode support added at v4.20 that is causing the problem.

Comment

I think that's the reason. I tested few latest versions and the problem started to occur since version 4.20 .

Comment

Similar problem here.
                  I had no problem scanning documents up until version 4.23, but, 4.25
                  simply does not work.

Environment:
                  Two Canon scanners, one on USB, one on LAN, same problem on both.
                  Scan software is Canon's ScanGear.
                  OS's are Win-XP(32bit) and Win-7(64bit), same problem for both.

Normal flow:
                  With IrfanView ver 4.23, click "acquire",
                  on the next dialog window click OK,
                  ScanGear starts, then scan.
                  This flow is exactly same for other TWAIN compatible viewer utilities such
                  as FastStone. This was confirmed on four programs.

Problem with 4.25:
                  1. Click "acquire"
                  2. click "OK" on the dialog window.
                  3. A small windows pops-up, which says "wrong parameter". Click "OK"
                  4. Another small window pops-up saying "wrong parameter"
                  5. This is repeated thirteen times.
                  6. Then comes a small window which says
                  " Runtime error!
                  Program: C:\(...)\i_view32.exe
                  abnormal program termination"
                  7. Click "OK". I_view window disappears.

I hope this problem will be resolved soon.
                  Tak

Comment

Working...
                  X