Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

V4.25: IrfanView displays JP2 file wrongly (red colored)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fixed V4.25: IrfanView displays JP2 file wrongly (red colored)

Hi all,

I've downloaded the latest version of IrfanView and plugins but find that it's displaying my JPEG2000 images as all red!

I've uploaded an example here..

http://www.webserver.matinee.co.uk/g...out_000014.jp2

The odd thing is that Photoshop displays this image with the correct colour.

Is there something wrong with my image or perhaps my install of IrfanView? I've tried viewing the image on other machines running IrfanView, but with the same problem.

Any ideas?

Many Thanks

George

Which version number have your latest version of IrfanView? (Is it V4.25?)

I've checked your attached sample file with V4.23 and I must say: It's the same result!
    Can you give us a screenshot to see how Photoshop displays this image with the correct color?!

Comment

The image looks fine in FastStone Image Viewer, but red in IrfanView.
      Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

Normal in Xnview too. It has to be something about IrfanView. I fooled around with some settings, but always red.

ETA: The same image re-saved as JP2 or J2K by Image Helper is four times as big on disk but IrfanView shows its colors normally.

BTW, Image Helper is one of the oddest things I've ever seen, but it saves in JP2 and quite a few other formats. It also has free-form and area selection tools for cropping (with transparent background). Handy to have around.
        Last edited by matera; 05.12.2009, 06:13 AM.
        Its: Belongs to "It"
        It's: Shortened form of "It is"
        ---------------------
        Lose: Fail to keep
        Loose: Not tight

---------------------
        Plurals do not require apostrophes

Comment

Update of JPEG-2000 Plugin available!

I told this problem to the program author in an email and his answer came promptly!

see:

(Click on this screenshot to go to IrfanView plugins!)

Now this problem seems solved!

Comment

I can confirm that the updated plugin fixes the problem.
            Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

That's fantastic! all sorted now :-)

Comment

Working...
              X