This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

no bug selection not handled well when resizing window

os windows xp irfanview v4.25, and my display option is set to fit window to image 1:1

when resizing the window the selection gets handled strangely: the selection position remains constant in the reference frame of the window, but the image moves to stay centered in the window. i can think of no use-case for the selection to stick in the window (and it can move out of the valid bounds for a selection i.e. the pixels in image), and think it should stick to the image instead.

for example: i often crop an image by going ctrl-A to select all, and then grabbing the borders of the selection to cut out some ugly bits on the edge, but have trouble to grab the bottom of the selection because it is only a 1-pixel space to get the handle to resize the selection instead of the handle to resize the window. then when i resize the window the selection moves , so i have to reselect all and go again.. just a small annoyance but probably easy to fix too

I'm not able to reproduce the problem on version 4.27, whether centre image in Window is selected or not. Try disabling that option in View, Display options and see if it helps.

Upgrading is definitely recommended. Bugs won't be fixed for old versions.
    Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

Originally posted by wim View Post
      ... my display option is set to fit window to image 1:1 ...
      Why not use "Fit only big images to window"?

Comment

Originally posted by wim View Post
        os windows xp irfanview v4.25, and my display option is set to fit window to image 1:1

for example: i often crop an image by going ctrl-A to select all, and then grabbing the borders of the selection to cut out some ugly bits on the edge, but have trouble to grab the bottom of the selection because it is only a 1-pixel space to get the handle to resize the selection instead of the handle to resize the window.
        That should be no trouble. When the cursor becomes a vertical double headed arrow you can pick up the bottom edge of the selection. That extends over a range of several pixels. When the double headed arrow becomes a single headed angled one you will pick up the frame border.

Later: Sorry, I see what you might mean. Are you using a resizable window without a status bar. Why don't you just use a Maximized window then you cannot pick up the frame border.
        Last edited by Mij; 08.11.2010, 04:23 PM.

Comment

my bad - i had thought i already had the latest version, but i hadn't. when i upgraded to 4.27 and the bug has already been fixed. thanks!

Comment

Working...
          X