Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

irfanView in Win7 does not resize the files in batch mode (command line)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Reported irfanView in Win7 does not resize the files in batch mode (command line)

I am a happy user of irfanView in Win XP for years. I now bought a new PC with Win7 (64 bit). I installed irfanView and it does not resize the .jpg files when executed in a batch file. The images are copied to the destination folder, but not resized. Same command works in XP, but not Win7. Anyone have an idea? Is it to do with security or level of access maybe? I am administrator level user on the PC. Thanks, Robert

Works fine in my 32 bit Win7.
    What folder is your i_view32.ini file in? If you don't know then type i_view32.ini into the Search box at the bottom of your Start menu. If it is not found then chances are it is not in an area that you can write to.
    If you find one open it. It should contain a section named [Batch]. The settings in the Batch section that Irfanview is applying start AdvResize... Quite easy to guess which ones relate to what you set in the dialog, so check if they are what you expect them to be.
    Last edited by Mij; 19.05.2011, 03:32 PM.

Comment

I viewed the .ini file on my Win7 PC last night.
      Only one line was in it. I will post that one line here later this evening after I get home from work.
      Thanks for the advice. Robert

Comment

[Others]
        INI_Folder=%APPDATA%\IrfanView

this is all that is n the .ini file I ahve n my Win7 PC. Could this be part of why IrfanView does not resize when I run a batch file to resize photos to another directory?

Comment

Its pointing to where the INI file is — open the one in %AppData%
          Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

Yes there should be another i_view32.ini which is the one you want. To find it in Win7 click on the Windows Start button at bottom left of screen, type what comes after the = sign ( %Appdata%\Irfanview ) into the Search programs and files box and press Enter.

Comment

Working...
            X