Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My problem - and I don't know how long it's been like this, I likely don't zoom as much these days, images are much larger than they were in the late 90s. And more often am auto-sizing images to desktop/window/etc.

But zoom is fractional from the current zoom.
    So if your zoom is set to 25%, zoom up to 125, zoom down to 94%
    Zoom up to: 118% & down to 88%

If you zoom out 4 times, one would expect to be @ 200% instead the zoom level is 244%, and if you zoom back 4 times... you aren't back to 100% the zoom level is down to 77%

It would be preferable at least if there was an option for constant zoom.
    perhaps "Shift-Scroll" :-)
    Zoom up to 125 and down to 100.

AutoHotkey can't fix this oddity.

Also if you set the zoom level to 100, the jumps are
    100 -> 200 -> 400 -> 800 -> 1600
    and you can never zoom back in, since it is fractional from the current level, it can't reduce itself by 100% ever.
    Last edited by Crash&Burn; 25.01.2008, 10:55 AM.

Comment

Zoom Out ends with 10%

If examining a real big image (e.g. 60000 x 40000), starting with "Fit only big images to window", I see the whole image - that is OK.
      After zooming in I can not zoom out to the same extent (it ends normally with 10%, 7% with a zoom step of 3%)

Comment

re: zoom bug.

Has anyone heard any word at all, as to when this might get fixed?

I went back to 4.00+ (mod w/Paint) because of it.

Guess I'm not missing anything else in 4.10 (And yes, one could ask why I care, if 4.00 is good enough. You have a point...)

Comment

Zoom stuck

Using v4.10, and doing some zoom steps, I found a bug when you use zoom steps smaller than the default of 10% (see Properties, Viewing, Zoom step).

At 10%, once you hit the minimum zoom level a "beep" noise happens to let you know that you've 'hit bottom'.
          By the way!! Earlier versions of IrfanView had a Info box that opened to tell you ["This is the minimum !"] (yes that space was there before the ! sign). What happened to that box?

Anyway, back to the real bug ...
          Using a zoom step less than 10% that 'hit bottom' beep doesn't happen AND (here is the real problem) I found that once you hit that minimum I could not get it to zoom up!

Stuck!
          Unless I either refreshed the picture or changed the zoom step back to 10%.
          I wish to die peacefully in my sleep, like my grandfather.
          Not like those passengers, in his car, when he drove over that cliff.

Comment

Zoom minimum

I found that when you alter the Zoom step level (see; Properties, Viewing, Zoom step) that the lowest minimum viewing value changes.

Using the default step of 10% the min zoom view was 5%
            But when I entered lower step values:
            at step 5% the min zoom was just 9%
            at step 4% the min zoom was just 12%
            at step 3% the min zoom was just 16%
            at step 2% the min zoom was just 24%
            at step 1% the min zoom was just 49%

So, if I set my zoom stepping to a very fine (and slow) 1% stepping, the smallest I can zoom my picture viewing down to is just 49%?

Why?
            I wish to die peacefully in my sleep, like my grandfather.
            Not like those passengers, in his car, when he drove over that cliff.

Comment

Originally posted by ChuckE View Post
              So, if I set my zoom stepping to a very fine (and slow) 1% stepping, the smallest I can zoom my picture viewing down to is just 49%? Why?
              Because 1% of 49% is .49% which is rounded down to 0% and 2% of 24% is 0.48% which is also rounded down to zero.

Almost as bad as the bad old days when with a 20% arithmetic zoom step one could only zoom down to 20% instead of 10%

As I said before, the Zoom feature is well broken. This bug has already been reported several times.

Meanwhile, if you like a gradual zoom, then a 10% step is the best option; if you like a fast zoom then 35% is pretty much ideal. Remember that Control H (or F) will always take you back to 100% if you get stuck.
              Originally posted by steve View Post
              Hi,

bugs has been confirmed by Irfan; patch will follow.

steve
              Please search before posting.
              Last edited by Bhikkhu Pesala; 03.03.2008, 11:33 AM.
              Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

Zoom Step Malfunction

When ever I zoom in it zooms by X minus 1. When I zoom out, it zooms by X.

X of course being the setting for zoom step.

I am using the english version of 4.10

Comment

Working...
                X