Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Color management does not work

Hi,
    this bugreport is inspired by my support request from a couple of years back:

Changing the color profiles has absolutely zero effect on the image:

Click image for larger version  Name:	asd.jpg Views:	0 Size:	39.7 KB ID:	90362

Why does this option even exist? Why doesn't it just use the active monitor profile?

Here is a sample comparison from the same image in Photoshop/IrfanView:

Click image for larger version  Name:	fetch?id=85240&d=1564514954.jpg Views:	0 Size:	39.8 KB ID:	90363

The way i see it there is no point in fixing any other bugs than this, since if the program is displaying incorrect colors it is entirely useless.

IV 4.57 - 64 bit, but version does not matter. LCMS plugin is installed along with all the others. External monitor connected to Asus laptop, second screen only.
    Last edited by bupthebroker; 18.02.2021, 06:45 PM.

The last option is to assume a certain (input) profile for untagged files instead of passing them through unmodified. Usually such files are in sRGB format, but might be your custom profile as well. Maybe there are cases where the program cannot identify the current monitor profile (output), with multiple different monitors or new OS/drivers. With the second option you can always specify what the output profile should be.

Make sure that the selected profiles are RGB, as the program will silently ignore greyscale or CMYK. To see a difference in colors after changing the settings, the currently open image must be reloaded (ctrl-R), as the conversion is baked in at loading time. The effect is quite clear when choosing an extended range profile that changes saturation. As far as I know, the program can only extract a profile from JPEG and TIFF.

Comment

After several years or trying to contact Irfan and get help with this from various forums i finally found a solution.

I uninstalled IrfanView and downloaded FastStone image viewer. My only regret is having used IV for the past 20 years. Solong and farewell.

Comment

Working...
      X