This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

v4.57 32 bit freezes all the time

I recently upgraded to the newest version incl. all plug-ins (Windows 10).
    Now I experience a complete freeze almost every time I try to view a video.
    Unfortunately I'm not allowed to attach one of the .MTS files (one of many, or all, also .MP4 files) that I am having problems with.

I tried to uninstall Irfanview, but it won't uninstall (from Settings in Windows 10).

Any ideas what could be wrong?

Unsupported files can be attached by archiving them first. 7-Zip with LZMA2 compression often gives the best results. If the file limit is not sufficient, post a link to the file on dropbox or filebin.net. If you can try the 64-bit version (on Windows 10 64-bit) that can handle large files better. Make sure you install the correct plugins into the correct folder, for each version. Both versions can be installed.
    Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

Thanks for the upload tips. Here's a link to the file: https://filebin.net/v74knlv3985e26dj....7z?t=oseaaeiw
      I managed to uninstall and re-install v4.57 32b, but this time with no plugins. Now at least this one .MTS file plays well. I don't think that I'll need the plugin package anyway, but we'll see.
      Next time I'll try the 64 bit version. I don't remember why somebody recommended me to stay with the 32 bit thing.

Comment

From the FAQ on IrfanView.com
        64-bit will be faster for some operations due to supporting more RAM.

Advantages of IrfanView 32-bit over 64-bit version:
        * Runs on a 32-bit and 64-bit Windows
        * Loads all files/images for normal needs (max. RAM size is about 1.3 GB)
        * Needs less disc space
        * All PlugIns will work: not all PlugIns are ported (yet) to 64-bit (like OCR) and some 32-bit PlugIns must be still used in the 64-bit version, some with limitations (see the "Plugins32" folder)
        * Some old 32-bit PlugIns (like RIOT and Adobe 8BF PlugIn) work only in compatibility mode in IrfanView-64
        * Command line options for scanning (/scan etc.) work only in 32-bit (because no 64-bit TWAIN drivers)
        Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

The video plays fine in 32-bit or 64-bit using the Internal video player or the external one with the old plugin.

Do install all plugins for each version, and make sure they are the 4.57 plugins. That will offer the best options. There are also some updates since the initial release.

Comment

Thanks, Bhikku. Something must have been wrong in the old installation (even if I'm sure I installed the correct plugin versions). The re-installation seems to work.

Comment

Working...
            X