Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Unable to properly reassign menu hotkey for "Fit images to desktop" under "View" menu

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fixed Unable to properly reassign menu hotkey for "Fit images to desktop" under "View" menu

Problem: Re-assigning the menu hotkey for "Fit images to desktop" does not actually change it.
    While viewing an image, if you press the "F" key on your keyboard the view will change regardless of what hotkey you change.

To reproduce the issue:
    1. Open Irfanview and go to the "View" tab in the menu bar.
    2. Under "Display options (window mode)", right-click "Fit images to desktop" and select "Change menu hotkey"
    3. Rebind the key to something else (e.g. Y).
    4. While viewing an image, press the "F" key on your keyboard.

"Fit images to desktop" will be selected despite the hotkey/shortcut being rebound to a different key. As a result, changing the shortcut does next to nothing.

I initially found out about this issue when I wanted to rebind the different display views for viewing images to my liking.

If this could be fixed, that would be great. I'm thinking that this is probably an oversight, or else I'm missing something.
    Click image for larger version  Name:	Error when reassigning default menu hotkey.png Views:	0 Size:	10.4 KB ID:	92422Click image for larger version  Name:	Fit images to desktop view option.png Views:	0 Size:	75.0 KB ID:	92423
    Attached Files
    Last edited by MasterSushi; 04.09.2021, 12:04 PM.

Confirmed. And you cannot set it back again to "F" in the menu (it will be reset on restarting IrfanView), although the F shortcut continues to work as well as the new shortcut that you assigned.
    Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

Still hasn't been fixed after a year, when could it be expected for this to be resolved?

Comment

Did you send a bug report to Irfan Skiljan? See the sticky thread on the Bug Reports forum.
        Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

Just sent a bug report to Irfan Skiljan. Thanks.

Comment

Thank you. Please let us know about the response.
            Last edited by JendaLinda; 18.10.2022, 09:24 AM.
            My system: IrfanView 4.62 64bit, Windows 10 22H2, Intel Core i5-3570, 16GB RAM, NVidia GTX 1050Ti 4GB

Comment

His response:
              Hi Tim,

Thank you for the info.

Yes, the F is very old and has a wrong menu-id in the hotkey table ;-)

I will fix this in the next version.

Comment

In version 4.62 of Irfanview (64-bit), I have confirmed that the issue has been resolved. Finally able to rebind the F key to fullscreen
                Last edited by MasterSushi; 04.01.2023, 09:27 PM.

Comment

Working...
                X