color problem with Panorama

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

no bug color problem with Panorama

When creating a panorama, the luminosity becomes darker from the left to the right
    It is clearly seen on the following panorama of 3 identical pictures.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Clipboard.jpg
Views:	253
Size:	370.4 KB
ID:	92835
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Bhikkhu Pesala; 19.10.2021, 06:57 PM. Reason: Removed Duplicate Attachments

All pictures look the same.
    My system: IrfanView 4.62 64bit, Windows 10 22H2, Intel Core i5-3570, 16GB RAM, NVidia GTX 1050Ti 4GB

Comment

The images to the right do look darker to my old colour-blind eyes. It may be worth sending the source file and the panorama to Irfan Skiljan with a bug report.
      Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

They look darker left to right but it's an optical illusion.

Here is an extract of the left hand side of each of the three photos pasted next to each other.

They are identical.

Click image for larger version  Name:	123.jpg Views:	0 Size:	10.4 KB ID:	92840

And here is the original panorama horizontally flipped and with the order of the images changed. Which do you think is the original left, middle and right picture?

Click image for larger version  Name:	H.jpg Views:	0 Size:	440.3 KB ID:	92842

It's something like this https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Checker_shadow_illusion
        Attached Files
        Last edited by IfThenElse; 19.10.2021, 08:05 PM.

Comment

It's an optical illusion, because the left part of the picture is darker than the right part. I also checked RGB values of the pixels in the corresponding parts of the pictures and they match.
          My system: IrfanView 4.62 64bit, Windows 10 22H2, Intel Core i5-3570, 16GB RAM, NVidia GTX 1050Ti 4GB

Comment

Working...
          X