No announcement yet.

Irfanview takes over my word documents.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Reported Irfanview takes over my word documents.

I have been using irfanview for years and ran into a problem I can't seem to find a solution too.
    I have a new PC with win 7 Home 64 bit and IE9.
    Well after transferring all of my documents to the new pc I installed all of my programs Word, Excel, etc and every one works fine. I then installed irfanview and it changed all the word documents icons to an irfanview icon. When I tried to open those documents, all I got was a message telling me the file could not be opened, it did not recognize the file type.
    Never saw this happen with word and irfanview.
    If I un-install irfanview all my word icons go back to normal word icons and I have no trouble opening up the word documents. I even un-installed the Office software and reinstalled it and I still got the same results when I re-installed irfanview. I have checked this PC from one end to the other and found it clean of any problems. Can someone tell me what is going on? Is this a bug in the new version? Is there any kind of answer to this problem? Please HELP!

Pauliez

There is no option to associate *.doc or *.docx files with IrfanView, so I have no idea how this could be happening. Try installing the latest version of IrfanView 4.33 and its plugins, then check the Extensions tab in Properties to decide which file types you want to associate with IrfanView. Only those that you choose should change their icon in Explorer.
    Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

I have done that many times and got the same results.
      If you can explain to me how to post an image on this forum, I wioll show you exactly what happens to mny word documents.

Comment

Same as on every other forum. Check out FAQ in the menu above.

currently running 4.56 / 32 bit

Comment

Working...
        X