No announcement yet.

Very slow full screen (enter) and back (esc) on my fast computer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi everyone, I don't know what exactly happened if it was because of the windows 11 updates (build 22000.675 not so many days ago) or the AMD drivers (just installed the latest May Preview Software Drivers) but it's working just fine now.

@Oleksii if you can confirm as well it's another step ahead, also @richardnick

😎👍😏

Comment

Apparently not a bug in IrfanView, but caused by a Windows update and/or AMD graphics drivers.
      Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

Originally posted by Lionel09 Arrows View Post
        Hi everyone, I don't know what exactly happened if it was because of the windows 11 updates (build 22000.675 not so many days ago) or the AMD drivers (just installed the latest May Preview Software Drivers) but it's working just fine now.

@Oleksii if you can confirm as well it's another step ahead, also @richardnick

😎👍😏
        - Using software Radeon 21.5.2. , published 11-5-2021 and updated 24-5-2022 status. / AMD Radeon R9 380 Series.
        - Windows 11 pro just checked: it cannot find anything new.

Not solved yet. Same system under win 10 works.

Comment

Fixed in todays/nights update. All working again

Comment

Originally posted by richardnick View Post
            Fixed in todays/nights update. All working again
            Can you tell me where to find that? Latest version I can see is 4.60 from march 2022.

Comment

Apparently not a bug in IrfanView, but caused by a Windows update and/or AMD graphics drivers.

Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

Originally posted by Bhikkhu Pesala View Post
                yes. It is only an issue on Windows 11 for me, not Windows 10. But can you help clarify what richardnick is referring to, when mentioning "tonights update" on June 15th?

Comment

Richardnick is clearly not referring to an update of IrfanView, but to an update of his AMD graphics drivers (or Windows 11) on 15th June 2022.

Comment

Originally posted by Bhikkhu Pesala View Post
                    Richardnick is clearly not referring to an update of IrfanView, but to an update of his AMD graphics drivers (or Windows 11) on 15th June 2022.
                    I see, thank you. I thought I was missing some kind of nightly build.
                    I am here on NVIDIA RTX 2060S and Windows 11 22000.918 , newest drivers, still experiencing this very annoying issue, basically breaking my most used function of Irfanview, fullscreen mode.
                    I will be using v3.75 for now, no issues there.
                    Last edited by gnoober; 12.09.2022, 04:03 PM.

Comment

Apparently this is still a thing. Laptop with AMD and Nvida RTX Windows 11 latest drivers. When opening an image in full screen it takes forever. Only the first time. Once it is in full screen browsing goes normal.

Comment

The problem is, there is no known way to intentionally trigger this issue, so it's difficult to find the cause. It seems to be a combination of hardware and Windows updates.
                        My system: IrfanView 4.62 64bit, Windows 10 22H2, Intel Core i5-3570, 16GB RAM, NVidia GTX 1050Ti 4GB

Comment

It was working perfectly when this laptop was on windows 10, after upgrading to windows 11 that started happening.

IrfanView 4.62 64bit
                          Processor AMD Ryzen 5 5500U with Radeon Graphics 2.10 GHz
                          Installed RAM 32,0 GB (31,3 GB usable)
                          System type 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor
                          Edition Windows 11 Pro
                          Version 22H2
                          OS build 22621.1413
                          Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.22639.1000.0

Comment

Working...
                          X