Stub loader hanging bug

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Confirmed Stub loader hanging bug

Both v. 4.4 and 4.6 in 64-bit with Windows 10 Pro (build 21H2). Possibly also earlier versions on Windows 10.
    The file "Stub_plugin.exe" in the plugins folder is digitally signed 2020-10-13, so it seems to be the latest version.
    When scanning documents the stub loader hangs and has to be shut down manually from windows task manager.
    On the same computer, same scanner hardware, same scanner driver, earlier versions of IrfanView worked fine on Windows 7.

At present, the bug does not prevent me scanning single-page documents, just have to shut down the stub loader manually afterwards as described.
    But it is a big problem for scanning multiple page documents to tif with the sheet feeder, because the stub loader hangs after the first page.

I see two posts on the subject elsewhere on the forum, but no previous formal bug report found in a search.

My copy of IrfanView froze as well. Please report the bug to Irfan Skiljan and let us know what he says. The contact information is in Help -> About IrfanView.
    My system: IrfanView 4.62 64bit, Windows 10 22H2, Intel Core i5-3570, 16GB RAM, NVidia GTX 1050Ti 4GB

Comment

I have the same kind of "problem". Every time I take a scan "stub loader" hangs and has to be shut down manually from windows task manager.
      ------------------
      My system: IrfanView 4.60 64bit, Windows 10 21H2, Intel Core I7-4770, 16GB RAM, GTX 1060 6GB
      My all-in-one is an Epson DX4400 USB

Comment

From the FAQ on IrfanView.com
        64-bit will be faster for some operations due to supporting more RAM.

* Advantages of IrfanView 32-bit over 64-bit version:Runs on a 32-bit and 64-bit Windows
        * Loads all files/images for normal needs (max. RAM size is about 1.3 GB)
        * Needs less disc space
        * All PlugIns will work: not all PlugIns are ported (yet) to 64-bit (like OCR) and some 32-bit PlugIns must be still used in the 64-bit version, some with limitations (see the "Plugins32" folder)
        * Some old 32-bit PlugIns (like RIOT and Adobe 8BF PlugIn) work only in compatibility mode in IrfanView-64
        * Command line options for scanning (/scan etc.) work only in 32-bit (because no 64-bit TWAIN drivers)
        Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

This is clearlky a bug. There's no reason why would the plugin hang forever. It seems nobody forwarded the bug report yet.
          My system: IrfanView 4.62 64bit, Windows 10 22H2, Intel Core i5-3570, 16GB RAM, NVidia GTX 1050Ti 4GB

Comment

Working...
          X