X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pending Crash with cut and paste small lines

Your Operating System, and IrfanView version number
    Windows 7 x64 / Windows 8 x64
    This Bug occured since all last Versions I remember, now I use 4.35.
    And it occurs on different computers.

Your hardware specification
    Intel Core i7-3770K
    16GB RAM
    Samsung SSD 830 128GB

A clear step-by-step recipe to reproduce the bug reliably. Without this, no one can confirm the bug, and no one can fix a bug that cannot be reproduced.

• Take a screenshot of an App-Window
    • Paste it into Irfan View
    • Select a small square area in the picture and copy it ctrl + c
    • Select a longt small area like a line and while holding the mousebutton for the selection, move it multiple times up and down below your base selection (a bit difficult to explane),
    • it's like selection from bottom to up and then without leeting mousebutton go, go with the mouse down to select this line from up to bottom, and back.
    • Then paste with strg + v.
    • I had to repeat this sometimes 3 times until it crashs, I think you should be able to trigger it after some time, have a look at the screenshot.

A screenshot or error message, if it is relevant

Click image for larger version

Name:	error.png
Views:	1
Size:	49.8 KB
ID:	84595

A problematic file that causes the crash or error message, or a link to such a file.
    Here below this text is attatched a white picture.

Click image for larger version

Name:	white.png
Views:	1
Size:	1.0 KB
ID:	84596

If I try to paste into any selection that is only 1 pixel high, I get a crash — its not difficult to reproduce.
    Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

A test version is available that fixes this bug. Extract the archive to your Program Files\IrfanView\ folder and overwrite the existing files if you want to test it.

Let us know if you still get a crash.
      Attached Files
      Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

Thank you, I tried it today and until now I had no problem again.

Comment

Working...
        X