After Insert Text, Saving File Makes IV 4.35 Crash

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Reported After Insert Text, Saving File Makes IV 4.35 Crash

Using v4.35 on Win 7 64-bit system. After opening a jpg file that I want to add text to, I first right-click and "draw" the text box. I then select the background color, yellow, and font, Verdana 28. I need to insert one word: FRONT. The background color, size of the text box and the text insertion all look fine in IV. It's only when I try and save the image, either by replacing the original image with this new one that I have created OR by creating a new, numbered image that IV crashes, consistently. This happens with other files, not only the first image that I was working with.

Not enough information to do anything with. At least we need a sample file that crashes, and we need to know the settings you're using to save it.

I had not problem adding yellow text with a background to create the attached image from an existing JPG image.
    Attached Files
    Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

I have attached the actual "before" file, front01.jpg, that I wanted to insert a yellow background (and blue text). ScreenShot001.jpg should show you my settings. Thank you.
      Attached Files

Comment

No crash here. You didn't tell us what JPG settings you used to save it.
        Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

I copied all your Insert text settings, Rakim, and cannot see any problems in saving the result. I am using 32-bit Win7, not 64-bit, but I doubt if that is significant in this case.
          I suggest that you also attach a screen shot of the JPEG save settings that you are using, or try a very simple one as I have done to see if you can home in on the problem.
          Attached Files
          Last edited by Mij; 23.02.2013, 10:58 PM. Reason: SNAP!

Comment

I have attached a screenshot of my Save Picture As and Replace file settings. Note that IV crashes even if I save the file as a New one.
            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Mij View Post
              .....or try a very simple one as I have done to see if you can home in on the problem.
              You're right! Simpler IS better and I can save the file now. Thanks for the tip!

Comment

It appears to be the EXIF data in that image that Irfanview cannot save even though it has no problem in displaying it as information.

Comment

Working...
                X