Batch for recursiv resize but only if larger than value

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Batch for recursiv resize but only if larger than value

Hi, I have a large number of Folders including many Pictures.
    i have to resize them to save space on the file server.
    i have a batch file that resizes long side to a value like 1024 or 2048. That’s fine. BUT: if the picture has a smaller long side, it will get bigger. Pictures must stay where that are, I just change the size and rewrite.
    is there a chance to check, if dpi has a specific value and only resize if value is higher?

thank you very much.
    regards
    Ivo

• Should I assume that all of these images are in JPG format?
    • You should check the box to use estimated quality, then if some images are lower quality they won't be saved at a preset higher quality, which would increase the file size.
    • If you do not need to preserve image data, that will save considerable on file size
    • In the advanced batch dialog, set the longest side in pixels to suit your needs
    • Do not enlarge smaller images
    Click image for larger version

Name:	JPG Options.png
Views:	452
Size:	26.4 KB
ID:	94057Click image for larger version

Name:	Batch Options.png
Views:	410
Size:	96.5 KB
ID:	94058
    Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

Thank you, but can I set the "Don't enlarge" in a cmd? I have to use it recursive in a folder tree...

Comment

Use /advancedbatch

/advancedbatch - apply Advanced Batch Dialog options to image (from INI file)
        Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

Thank you very much.
          Here I got the same approach:

Looks like, what I was searching for.

Comment

Working...
          X