X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Command line resize with /advancedbatch and "AdvNoEnlarge=1" not working

I have to resize my JPGs to a max size of 2400 pixels

I use the command:
    i_view64.exe Input.jpg /advancedbatch /jpgq=90 /resize_long=2400 /aspectratio /resample /convert=Output.jpg

In my i_view64.ini file, under [Batch] section, I have:
    AdvNoEnlarge=1

Input.jpg has 444 KB and a resolution of 2048 x 1536
    Output.jpg has 502 KB and a resolution of 2400 x 1800

The size and resolution has increassed. What I am doing wrong?

Maybe I didn't explain well: I need to reduce the size of my thousand of photos to a size under 2400 pixels
    But I don't want the smaller images increase their size, this is way I'm using in the .INI file the parameter "AdvNoEnlarge=1" which in the UI of IrfanView stands for: "Don't enlarge smaller images".

If I run the IrfanView in graphics mode it works fine, but if I use the command line it doesn't work.

Can anybody help me?

Comment

Send a bug report to Irfan Skiljan.
      Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

Thank you Bhikkhu Pesala for your answer!

I don't know how to send a "bug report", I haven't seen any parameter or option to do it in the command line. Could you help me?

Shalll I send an email to Irfan Skiljan? Or is there another better way to contact him?

Thank you so much!

Comment

After contacting with Irfan Skiljan, he wrote me the solution:

"You command is not correct, you are mixing /advancedbatch with stronger/similar options, like /resize => you resize twice ;-) (old options like /resize will NOT use options from advanced-batch)
          => set everything you need in advanced batch, no mixing of options.
          Don't use: /resize_long here ... this can be (or is) set in advanced batch. (also /resample and /aspectratio => all should be set in advanced batch)
          "

So, removing "/resize_long=2400 /aspectratio /resample" from the command line and putting it in the .INI file, my problem was solved.

PROBLEM SOLVED, THANK YOU IRFAN SKILJAN!

Comment

Working...
          X