Rotate by Angle tool

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by gia1968 View Post
    I am very grateful to the developers for accepting my request.
    With the NumericUpDown control is easier to rotate images difficult to straighten in IrfanPaint because without obvious edges.
    Thanks for the great job
    By testing the changes made ​​to the "Rotate by angle" tool in 4.37 Effects.dll Plugin I have found that the new "NumericUpDown" control is selected when opening the dialog allowing us to use Up or Down Arrow to enter the rotation angle.
    This is perfect, convenient and fast! Great! :-)
    Last edited by gia1968; 21.12.2013, 02:38 PM.

Comment

Convenient it may be, but it rotates by a full 1° step, which is less accurate than using the Straighten tool from IrfanPaint. It's also harder to select the desired background colour to use for the rotation, as the colour-picker tool is not available.

Nevertheless, if it makes some users happy, it cannot be bad.
      Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

Originally posted by Bhikkhu Pesala View Post
        Convenient it may be, but it rotates by a full 1° step, which is less accurate than using the Straighten tool from IrfanPaint. It's also harder to select the desired background colour to use for the rotation, as the colour-picker tool is not available.

Nevertheless, if it makes some users happy, it cannot be bad.
        I use the tool when I straighten images with no references and orthogonal lines (as in the photo in mountain environments) so that the pitch of 1 degree is more than enough.
        Usually I manage a whole set of photos at once so that I can set the background color of taking the desired shade with IrfanPaint color-picker. I read the RGB values ​​from the palette "Custom Colors" that appears with left-click on the preview color and copy them in the Tool dialog by pressing the "Color" button.
        It takes a few steps but it works if the background color should not be changed for each individual image ...

Comment

Working...
        X