Disable F1 Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Requested Disable F1 Help

So there is one thing that is pretty annoying for me when using IrfanView, and that is the F1 button, that will open the help file. Unfortunately it is next to the ESC button which I use very often, so sometimes I press F1 accidentially which interrupts my workflow.

So I unpacked and disassembled irfanview and patched the F1 button to be not functional anymore but I don't want to do this every update.

Please add an option to disable F1.

Thanks

I would say that the chances of this being implemented are pretty close to zero. Can you name a single program that has this option?
    Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

Well don't know of a program that lets me disable F1, but most programs don't even have this button mapped.

Anyway - no one else has the problem with hitting F1 instead of ESC sometimes? Happens like several times a day for me :/

Comment

At least on my two full-size keyboards there is enough space (width of a key) between Esc and F1. Even on my laptop there is some space between them. Perhaps a different keyboard could solve your problem?

Otherwise, since your wish is so exclusive, you should probably remap your keys to serve you better.
        IrfanView 4.62 64-bit

Comment

Originally posted by bamaha View Post
          So there is one thing that is pretty annoying for me when using IrfanView, and that is the F1 button, that will open the help file. Unfortunately it is next to the ESC button which I use very often, so sometimes I press F1 accidentially which interrupts my workflow.
          You could always hold down the Shift key.
          Shift+ESC works just the same as ESC.
          Shift+F1 does nothing in a Normal window. In full screen Shift+F1 does the same as Shift+ESC.

... or use Alt+F4 instead of ESC.
          Last edited by Mij; 07.09.2013, 04:06 PM.

Comment

Working...
          X