Open Dialog Should Remember Last Used View

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Supported Open Dialog Should Remember Last Used View

All the versions after 4.28 use List view in the Open dialog by default. There's a new entry in the i_view32.ini file under [Open], it's ViewingMode=27853 (I believe that's the number, I'm going from memory). If you delete it, IV automatically recreates it and the view goes back to List. Can you PLEASE change it back to like it was before? I can't think of any good reason why it should do this. In 4.28 it remembers whatever you set it at, this is as it should be. IV 4.36 is very good otherwise and I'd like to use it but it's too annoying to keep changing the view. Thanks.
    Last edited by Bhikkhu Pesala; 26.10.2013, 08:59 PM. Reason: Improved Thread Title

I had not noticed that new entry in the [Open] section of i_view32.ini and do not know what it does. Mine reads ViewMode=28751 and I have not yet discovered any setting that changes it.

All my image folders open showing Large thumbnails but only because that is how I leave them. If I change one of the folders to List view, then that is how that folder opens next time, but all the other folders remain as Large thumbnails. I can see no sign of that information (for each folder) being saved in the ini file so assume it must be saved in the Registry. What I set in the Irfanview Open dialog makes no difference to how it is shown in Windows Explorer but it does change how it is shown in the Open dialog of other programs such as Faststone image viewer. The folder I changed to List view in Irfanview opens that way in Faststone, and conversely if I change it back to Large thumbnails there, that is how it will open next time in Irfanview.

Comment

ViewMode= may have nothing to do with it, that's just my best guess. All I know is a person shouldn't have to jump through umpteen hoops for this to work. It should just remember where you last set it, period.

I thought I originally posted in Feature Requests, did someone move it? It needs to be somewhere Irfan will see it. This needs to be handled on a program level. Nothing's different on my system, something's changed between 4.28 and later versions that's causing it.

Comment

I thought IrfanView would remember the last used view used by Windows Explorer, but it does seem to default to List View.

I have moved the thread, and support the Feature Request.
        Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

Working...
        X