Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Requested Show hex values in color picker

Hi all,

it would be great if IrfanView would show the hexadecimal representation of RGB color values in IrfanPaint's color picker dialog.
    This would make it much easier to copy/paste color values from/to IrfanView and to reuse those across different applications.

I assume It would be a rather trivial change, but I expect the benefit to be remarkable.

Regards
    Eduard

P.S. Is there a way to register a new account right now? I had to use an account from a login info sharing site since vBulleting was telling me new account creation was disabled due to SPAM.

Contact the author of the plugin if you are able to help with development.

Spam is a constant problem with most forums. Fortunately, the Admin here blocks it at source so we hardly ever see any. The downside is that new registrations have to wait for him to clear the backlog before they can join. Please be patient.
    Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

I see... It's a pity the developer has more or less discontinued development. I really like the fundamental tool-set of IrfanPaint which perfectly extends IrfanView's viewing capabilities with some basic editing capabilities.

Actually I looked a little into IrfanPaint's code and was able to build it with Visual Studio 2010. I'm afraid however that my coding skills are not sufficient to hack something quick together and I'm lacking the time to dive deeper into the topic.

Nonetheless I found out, that IrfanPaint uses Window's native ChooseColor dialog. That means that it is not as easy as adding a control to an existing dialog. However it seems possible to customize the ChooseColor dialog. This way it might be possible to implement additional controls without too much effort.

Maybe this information is useful to somebody who might want to do some coding for IrfanPaint some day.

Regards
      Eduard

Comment

Working...
      X