Better font file support

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Requested Better font file support

I changed the font viewing text to " !"#$%&'()*+,-./0123456789:;<=>?@ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ[\]^_`abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz{|}~"
    so that I can see all of the primary ASCII printable characters.

Unfortunately, it doesn't show these characters well for all (most; too many) fonts.
    I have a large screen (1920x1080), and not the best eyesight, so it would be nice
    if it was more or less able to show all of the characters in the larger size.

I didn't see any way to change the font sizes it shows.
    It looks like some smaller font size and some larger font size is hardcoded.
    And the size of the viewing screen is also a set size. (800 x 600 ?)

If we could change the viewing area size, that would be nice.
    And also the two font sizes available.

Right now, the fonts I want to see are Dings & Symbols, so the characters might be
    larger than typical alphanumeric character sets. (see attached snapshot example)

I have IV 4.37.
    Attached Files

It is best to use a dedicated font viewer if you want to view fonts in detail. Windows FontView is fine for the basics, but not useful for browsing through folders full of fonts.

Try the free AMP Font Viewer or, if you're a serious font collector, try MainType from High-Logic.
    Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

Working...
    X