X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Requested Combine all Plugins and irfanview in a Single Download

combine all plugins and irfanview, Dial up is dead
    Make it a single download

Thread moved from this site's feedback forum to the IrfanView Feature Request forum.

I don't know Irfan Skiljan's reasons for separating the executable and plugin's in several different files. It would seem to be simpler for the vast majority of users to download a single large file. No doubt he has his reasons, that probably have very little to do with saving bandwidth, though not all users are on fast broadband connections.

IrfanView is used world-wide, and not just in the prosperous countries of the West.
    Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

I do not object to a combined file being available, but I would certainly object if there was no longer a basic executable like i_view32.exe available, which does probably 90% of what I want Irfanview to do in a tiny stand alone file of less than 600MB.

That is the magic of Irfanview IMO. I have lost count of how many copies of i_view32.exe I have on various computers, external drives, CDs, USB sticks - everywhere that I have images saved. That way I can use my favourite graphics program to handle my images wherever I happen to be.

Comment

Working...
      X