Requested Preserve Capture Region

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Requested Requested Preserve Capture Region

It would be useful to have an option for the Capture Rectangular Region feature, such that the selected region would be automatically re-selected for the next capture.

Thanks!

You could use option 7) Fixed screen rectangle, but you will need to know the rectangle's size and position. The size is easy enough to get after your first capture from IrfanView's status line.

The starting x,y co-ordinates are shown when dragging the custom rectangle, so make a mental note while doing it, and enter the values in the Capture Options dialogue.

I tested by capturing the Reply to Thread title above this reply message - it's very easy to do.

I don't use IrfanView for screen captures, as it's not always running. I prefer to use a dedicated screen capture program (FastStone Capture), which has this feature and more. Even the lastest free version (5.3) can do this. The utility can be loaded at Windows startup so it's always available from the PrintScrn shortcuts that it uses, whether IrfanView is running or not.
    Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

Working...
    X