No announcement yet.

Magnifier like in FastStone Maxview?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Requested Magnifier like in FastStone Maxview?

Irfanview is great for me in most cases, but there is one feature that comes in very handy on my old laptop that it lacks.

FastStone Maxview has a feature that allows zooming to actual size with a single left-click at the location you wish to examine. This is a lifesaver for small screens, precise details, and quick browsing.

FastStone has expressed no interest in even contacting me back regarding any feature requests or queries about any x64 versions.

Hopefully, Irfanview will be able to add this simple feature and become simply the best image viewer out there.

I would be surprised if you cannot already do what you want with all the zoom options in IrfanView.

Add the Zoom drop list to the toolbar to get the 100% option easily available.

Use the F shortcut to toggle between 1:1 and fit to desktop.

Drag a selection around the part of the picture you wish to examine in detail, and click inside the selection.
    Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

I see the same thing in FastStone Viewer, which zooms with left click to the clicked area.

However, in IrfanView left click is already used to show the current pixels RGB values in the Window Title bar, and the Right-mouse button is used for panning/scrolling or the Context menu.

The Middle mouse button currently does nothing for me. Perhaps that could be used, but many users don't have that option.

I can already use Shift Printscreen to show the zoom magnifier from FastStone Capture while viewing images in IrfanView. The built-in Windows magnifier could also be used.

I don't see this Feature Request ever seeing the light of day as it would change the default behaviour, which is always a risky thing to do.
      Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

A trick originally from Opera Browser could be borrowed: hold down the left mouse button and click with the right.

Either the feature requested above or one of a list of others could be optionally assigned to this action.

currently running 4.56 / 32 bit

Comment

Working...
        X