Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Correct size window number page ( pdf with ghost etc .. )

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Requested Correct size window number page ( pdf with ghost etc .. )

In the Italian language version, which I use, you cannot see the entire number of pages of a multipage document ( pdf - fax - etc )

In the Italian language version it is sufficient to use the short word "Pag." instead of the whole word "Pagina " to indicate the position of the displayed page, or no word at all!

It may be useful where a double window to bring up the number of files separately from the page file

Click image for larger version

Name:	PAGINA PDF GHOST.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	57.3 KB
ID:	84752
    Last edited by Bhikkhu Pesala; 29.10.2015, 07:44 PM. Reason: Corrected English

If you look in the Properties/Settings Languages tab, you will see that the Italian dll for IrfanView is written by:

Marco Tettamanti and you can find an email address there. I suggest contacting the author.

Please let us know what he says.

Originally posted by stefralusi View Post
    It may be useful where a double window to bring up the number of files separately from the page file
    I don't understand the meaning of this, but if you contact Marco you can explain in Italian.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Bhikkhu Pesala; 29.10.2015, 07:46 PM.
    Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

It occurs in the English version if there are too many pages e.g Page 256/389 will not fit into the box.
      If the box size cannot be auto-resized then perhaps Right justification of the text would be possible. [age 256/389] is better than [Page 256/38]
      Last edited by Mij; 29.10.2015, 11:11 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Mij View Post
        It occurs in the English version if there are too many pages e.g Page 256/389 will not fit into the box.
        If the box size cannot be auto-resized then perhaps Right justification of the text would be possible. [age 256/389] is better than [Page 256/38]
        I see the problem with a TIF file of more than 99 images. One can work around it by selecting a larger Toolbar Skin. My default is 32 pixels but there are some skins of 48 pixels. If the number of pages exceeds 999 even that will not be enough.
        Attached Files
        Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

The Slovenian translator has chosen numbers-only solution.

Click image for larger version

Name:	sl_ver.png
Views:	1
Size:	1.5 KB
ID:	81353
          Last edited by Jacal; 30.10.2015, 06:08 AM.
          IrfanView 4.62 64-bit

Comment

Originally posted by Jacal View Post
            The Slovenian translator has chosen numbers-only solution.
            It's not the ideal solution as it doesn't make it obvious that it's a page count and not an image in directory count. Just "P" would do. Right justified would also help a bit.

Comment

I created a set of Toolbars at different sizes from 24 to 48 pixels. The two largest sizes of 40 and 48 pixels may provide enough space even for "Pagina" for most multipage TIF files.

Extract the 7-Zip archive to C:\Program Files (x86)\IrfanView\Toolbars\ for 32-bit IrfanView and select the Toolbars in Settings.

Edit: Changed the compression type in the attachment from LZMA2 to LZMA.
              Attached Files
              Last edited by Bhikkhu Pesala; 31.10.2015, 07:58 PM.

Comment

Bhikkhu, your zipped file doesn't work for me. I tried both my old version of 7-Zip and the current 15.09 beta from the 7-zip.org site. Message is "Unsopported compression method" for all the files.

currently running 4.56 / 32 bit

Comment

No problems here with 7-Zip 15.06 beta 64-bit.
                  Attached Files
                  Last edited by Jacal; 31.10.2015, 07:34 PM. Reason: Sreenshot added
                  IrfanView 4.62 64-bit

Comment

Repeated download - still no joy at 32-bit version.

Comment

Try this repackage:
                      Attached Files
                      IrfanView 4.62 64-bit

Comment

I am using 7-Zip 64-bit Beta 15.09 so I guess there's still some work to do on it.

Comment

I switched to the Win7 machine (also 32-bit) - here it works. Must be a 7-Zip/WinXP issue.

Thanks for your help.

Comment

Working...
                          X