PDF browsing and augmented renaming

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Requested PDF browsing and augmented renaming

Downloaded pdfs usually have cryptic names that don't describe their contents. I view them with IrfanView and use F2 (Rename) while they are open - excellent feature.
    While doing this, I also want to see document info like file creation and change dates and internal name as revealed, for example, by using <Crtl-D> when the file is open in an Adobe application. This would improve pdf renaming for later grouping, search and retrieval.

I don't see this ever happening. The way that IrfanView views PDF files is by converting them to bitmaps using Ghostscript. The resolution of the bitmap can be changed in Options

You could surely do this much more easily in Windows Explorer by viewing the details and selecting which columns to display in the Explorer Window. The Preview button will show the actual content of the PDF file (you might need to install PDF-XChange Editor to see that — I am not sure if Windows Explorer has that ability natively). PDF-XChange Editor cannot change the filename while it is open, so you could not use that.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Bhikkhu Pesala; 07.06.2016, 04:26 PM.
    Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

Working...
    X