Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Default color change for the CUT feature.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rejected Default color change for the CUT feature.

I use the CUT feature to clean up black and white tif files. When I load an upgrade of Irfanview, the default has always been Black. At first it was easy to find how to change that to white. Now it is buried and hard to find. Currently it requires the following steps, Options, Properties/Settings, Browsing/editing to find CUT.

It would help if these steps were also added to the HELP menu under, "Changing background color of the CUT feature."

Thanks for an otherwise wonderful program!!!

Where in the Help menu would you propose putting your "Changing background color of the Cut feature" entry?
    I typed "Cut color" in the Search tab of the Help file and the first two results found the answer for me.

Out of interest I typed "Irfanview cut color" into Google search. In the Top result, "selection cut" looked the most promising. There I found the answer to this question that I made back in 2008 and the option seems to have been just as deeply buried back then.

Comment

I don't think anything has changed since previous versions. Presumably you mean the Help documentation and not the Help menu. There is no way that this should be on the Help menu.

As noted, a search for Cut in help soon finds the topic in Properties, Browsing/Editing, so I don't see what else is needed to make it easier. Browing/Editing seems like the right place to look for the option for the Background colour for cut.
      Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

Working...
      X