Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rejected More options changing background

Dear,

I use Irfanview for many years. The one thing that really bothered me was the black background, because with that I cannot view images of logos containing only black drawings and a transparant background. Mainly for that I refused to set Irfanview as my default image-viewer and kept Windows Photoviewe for that function.

I registered to this forum with the question how to solve it. However I found it out myself. I have set the background color to a very dark purple color (R016, G000, B032). You can adjust this yourself in every color you like. When you make the color very dark but not entirely black the standard look of Irfanview will not be edited too much, however it is sufficient to make images with transparant background colors better visible. Maybe it's a good idea to set some kind of color as default instead of black?

Click image for larger version

Name:	Klembord02.png
Views:	1
Size:	307.5 KB
ID:	85081

In the Windows Photo app you will see a background like this. In fact it's some kind of aero-effect. However it could be an idea to set a small tile-BMP (or GIF or PNG) as a pattern for background with a max of 48x48 pixels. And to get the same look like this you could a black image with a bit of noise.

Since users can set any background colour they want, there is no need to change the default. Black images on a dark purple background are not going to be as easy to see as they would be on a white background.

Until IrfanView changes the bitmap format that it uses to display proper transparency, a tiled transparency background as available in many image editors and viewers is not possible.

See this earlier thread, for example. The issue often comes up.
    Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

Working...
    X