An option to limit gif framerate to user-specified value

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Requested An option to limit gif framerate to user-specified value

There are, I think, more than a few gifs that assume the renderer will impose minimum delay 100ms, like many programs used to.

According to this thread, the standard way to display gifs is for the minimum to be much lower. However, some non-standard gifs don't render correctly this way. I suggest that an option to be added to adjust gif minimum delay to a user-specified value. This may be easier for certain users than modifying the gifs. Given that these gifs are non-standard, the option could be off by default.

The option could be in: Options -> Properties/Settings -> Viewing. I guess it could be underneath 'Dither 24 BPP images on 16 BPP displays'. It might be labelled 'Set gif minimum delay to value', with a checkbox on the left to enable, and a small textbox on the right to enter the value and another label following that with the text 'ms'.

--

Btw, great program!

Try using Ctrl+Shift+Minus (or Plus) to control the animation speed of images like this.

Click image for larger version

Name:	2634.gif
Views:	2
Size:	636.5 KB
ID:	83014
    Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

Thanks for the reply

That works. Although, it's a bit tedious if there's a lot of gifs, so I might still suggest this feature.

Comment

Working...
      X