Better Icons and next/prev options

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Requested Better Icons and next/prev options

The icons are the same found in Windows 95! We need some nicer XP/Vista looking icons. Preferrably Vista icons.

ALSO.... if we could, in preferences, pick and choose exactly what file formats are present in the next/previous list, that'd be great. Nothing worse than zooming through images to land on a video that takes a few seconds to load.

Thanks for making such a great app!

Originally posted by prometh View Post
    ALSO.... if we could, in preferences, pick and choose exactly what file formats are present in the next/previous list, that'd be great.
    Already possible. Properties, Extensions.
    Last edited by Bhikkhu Pesala; 05.04.2008, 05:49 AM.
    Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

It's also possible to have custom icons for file types. There are a few ICONS.dll variants floating around.

But Vista and XP icons suck big time. Best icons were in the Win98 age – almost truecolor and yet extremely detailed. Pixel art at its best.

However, I think its valid to ask for those icons to be available easily together with IV. Not everybody will (be able to) dig for them.

Comment

2 prometh
        First a bit of nagging (no offence): please don't shout with capitals.
        And who are 'We' in "We need.." ? To avoid being populistic, better use "I need.."
        I agree with j7n about an icon being as efficient as possible, in size, number of colors, and visual message.

Nevertheless, with a file manager like TC it is possible to associate any file-format to any icon.
        Whether it's an icon embedded in a dll or exe, or as a single *.ico file in a directory.

I may be stupid, but I don't understand "next/previous list". What list in which environment?
        Is it an IV dialog, or is it from the thumbnail view. for example ?
        Rest In Peace, Sam!

Comment

I think he means buttons "Previous file in directory" and "Next file in directory". IrfanView by default tries to handle lots of non-picture extensions (*.txt, sound, fonts).

Comment

I wasn't referring to the file type icons, but rather the toolbar icons in IrfanView itself.

As for the next/prev thing, I did mean "Next file in directory" and "Previous file in directory". Nothing worse than scrolling through a dir with mostly images and hitting a video that takes a few seconds to load.

Also... I said "ALSO" cuz that was my emotion. I didn't shout for longer than 1 word, so I don't see the reason to nitpick. But whatever.. moving on..

p

Comment

Originally posted by prometh View Post
              I wasn't referring to the file type icons, but rather the toolbar icons in IrfanView itself.
              Toolbar Skins can be changed in Properties, Toolbars.
              Nothing worse than scrolling through a dir with mostly images and hitting a video that takes a few seconds to load.
              Properties, Extensions, Load only associated file types or specify file types to load.
              Also... I said "ALSO" cuz that was my emotion.
              Thread title edited. I think that was the main problem. Shouting is disliked by nearly all forum visitors. One word is not too much in a post, but bold is preferable for emphasis. Caps are sometimes OK.
              Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

Working...
              X