Context Menu and Panning with the Hand Cursor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Requested Context Menu and Panning with the Hand Cursor

There is an option in IV setting: "Use right mouse button for context menu (default scrolling)". Well, I need scrolling with mouse, but I need the context menu as well. Is there any option to have the both simultaneously? May be use some other mouse or keyboard hotkey for one of them?

Hi Leopoldus,

There is an option in IV setting: "Use right mouse button for context menu (default scrolling)". Well, I need scrolling with mouse, but I need the context menu as well. Is there any option to have the both simultaneously?
    I don't understand. Do you want a right click both scrolls images and opens context menu?

Laurent
    Before you post ... fill in your OS and IV version in your profile.

Comment

Originally posted by Leopoldus View Post
      Well, I need scrolling with mouse, but I need the context menu as well.
      What I think you mean is "panning" with the right-mouse, not scrolling. When the context menu is off, you can pan the image by grabbing it with the hand cursor using the right mouse.

An option would be to use the middle mouse for pan and fast scroll as is common in other applications.
      Last edited by Bhikkhu Pesala; 19.04.2008, 05:54 AM.
      Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

Originally posted by Laurent View Post
        I don't understand. Do you want a right click both scrolls images and opens context menu?
        Surely not the both via the same mouse shortcut, what is hardly possible
        What I mean is having different shortcuts for the two operations, e.g. mouse right button (MRB) for scrolling (or "panning") and Ctrl+MRB for context menu.
        Or may be MRB for context menu and mouse middle button (MMB) for scrolling/panning.
        Or MRB/MMB for scrolling and some keyboard hotkey for context menu. Etc. etc.
        Once more option could be some switch to toggle quickly MRB function between context menu and scrolling.
        Originally posted by Bhikkhu Pesala View Post
        What I think you mean is "panning" with the right-mouse, not scrolling.
        I think your (and Adobe Acrobat PDF) word is correct. However the word "scrolling" in my post was a quote from IV configurating menu.
        An option would be to use the middle mouse for pan and fas scroll as is common in other applications.
        Just right! But my question was how I can get this option.
        Last edited by Leopoldus; 20.04.2008, 12:02 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Leopoldus View Post
          Surely not the both via the same mouse shortcut, what is hardly possible
          What I mean is having different shortcuts for the two operations, e.g. mouse right button (MRB) for scrolling (or "panning") and Ctrl+RTM for context menu.
          Not impossible to have the context menu replace the hand cursor I guess, but it might take some getting used to.

I don't think anything other than right-click should be used for the context menu.

Mouse + hotkey is a bit awkward. Mouse only is best, but a lot of users don't have a MMB. I have one but I have to press the scroll wheel so hard that I had had my new PC for six months before I discovered that I did actually have a MMB. Touch pad users don't have a MMB. I can live without a MMB.
          But my question was how I can get this option.
          Currently, you cannot.

Moved to the Feature Request Forum
          Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

On some keyboards there is a context menu button but it is not working in Irfanview. MSDN says: Pressing this button should open the context menu of the selected object. The keycode is VK_APP. On my Dell Laptop this button is just left to Prnt Screen button.

Comment

Working...
            X