No announcement yet.

Option to Configure program contols

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A simple fix for this is to just use AutoHotkey or AutoIT, which can easily make a key combination do whatever you like.

Save the following text into "IVScroll.ahk" and open the file w/ AutoHotKey

#ifWinActive ahk_class IrfanView
    WheelUp:: Send, ^{WheelUp}
    WheelDown:: Send, ^{WheelDown}
    return

For the ppl who don't like scroll to jump to the next directory.
    Then load the following AHK script while file editing:

#ifWinActive ahk_class IrfanView
    WheelUp::
    WheelDown::
    return

Turn the script off when you are done editing.
    Of course that will affect all irfanview instances, but no other programs. You could specify the script for the windowTitle as well - so that it will only affect the irfanView window you are editing in.
    Last edited by Crash&Burn; 25.01.2008, 10:38 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Sam_Zen View Post
      Support for enhancement.
      Whether it results in zooming in, or going to the next image, I first like to be able to disable the mousewheel from such functions. Also because I already can use keyboard shortcuts for zooming or next/previous.
      Most of the actions take place with using L or R buttons. But fingers get tired, so just tonight it happened again, that I accidentally touched the wheel, and suddenly shifted to another bitmap during work. Very annoying.
      I think this is a valid point. Perhaps the mouse wheel alone can be kept from advancing to next file. Instead use wheel and some other key or click to move to next, or leave the direction keys to move and wheel to zoom in current image?

Comment

Jump to Random image

Is there an easier way to jump random other than Ctrl-M? How about a single key, or an option for programmable hotkeys?

Pleeeease?

rain

Comment

Thanks for pointing at that command. Never checked it before, and it's quite useful.
          But I consider Ctrl+M already as a single stroke.
          If you would have to press Ctrl first, release, and then M, then you would speak of 2 times a key being pressed.
          If you nevertheless want another option, there are apps for programmable hotkeys.
          Rest In Peace, Sam!

Comment

Originally posted by rainagain View Post
            Is there an easier way to jump random other than Ctrl-M? How about a single key, or an option for programmable hotkeys?
            I don't think it is a good idea for any single keystroke to jump to a random image. It would be very confusing for anyone who pressed the hot key by accident.

The solution that will satisfy nearly everyone is fully customisable shortcuts, which is already on the project list. It is anyone's guess when we will get some feedback on this, let alone when it will be implemented.
            Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

I got a little confused here archiving this. Suddenly some other thread is integrated into this one.
              Rest In Peace, Sam!

Comment

Originally posted by Sam_Zen View Post
                I got a little confused here archiving this. Suddenly some other thread is integrated into this one.
                People don't bother searching before posting so we end up with dozens of threads requesting the same thing. I merge all the threads that are asking to customise the keyboard. When I merge threads I leave a one day expiring redirect so that people don't think their thread has disappeared, and post it again.

When you have time, try sifting through the Feature Requests forum and add some to the Projects list. There are only 17 pages

Anyone who cannot wait for this feature should try a utility like AutoHotkey
                Last edited by Bhikkhu Pesala; 11.02.2008, 07:53 AM.
                Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

Are there any keystrokes that effect brightness?

Rather than go to the brightness/contrast adjustment box, are there any hotkey sets that bump brightness/contrast up and down?

BTW, thx guys for the autohotkey suggestion. I have my / key working as crtl+m and I don't have to fumble for the crtl+m stretch anymore.

rain

Comment

Originally posted by Bhikkhu Pesala View Post
                    Anyone who cannot wait for this feature should try a utility like AutoHotkey
                    I'd like to use click and hold mouseleft to move in IrfanView 4.00
                    It's just too annoying to use mouseright

Can I change it with AutoHotKey?

Comment

Ok, Bhikkhu, I understand the merging.
                      Although I have indeed little time, I will check the FR forum on this.
                      Rest In Peace, Sam!

Comment

Working...
                      X