animated gif

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Requested animated gif

please include the functionality of unfreez in IV. http://www.whitsoftdev.com/unfreez/
    Antonius

First I thought of advertisemnt, but I see that it's supposed to be open source.
    I'm afraid this is not a very realistic request at the moment.
    Maybe better post this link in the Off-topic/software department.
    Rest In Peace, Sam!

Comment

I think it's better for UnFreez to exist as a separate tool. A single program can't have all functions.

Comment

I think it is a reasonable request. IV can already extract frames from an animated GIF, so why not recombine them? That would make it easy to resize or recolour animated GIFs.
        Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

Would of course be a very nice feature indeed.
          That's why the "at the moment".
          Rest In Peace, Sam!

Comment

Originally posted by Bhikkhu Pesala View Post
            I think it is a reasonable request. IV can already extract frames from an animated GIF, so why not recombine them? That would make it easy to resize or recolour animated GIFs.
            Would be nice, but this is much more complex.
            Extracting means that you start with the first frame and just add the differences stored in the following frames.
            Combining means that you have to figure out the differences which allows you to get a good result to get a small gif at the end. Then you like to set looping,...

Comment

would a "PlugIn" of unfreez be a quick possibility?

Comment

No new plugin is a quick possibility.
                A plugin isn't something like just hanging up a new painting on the wall in the living room.
                Originally posted by midora
                Combining means that you have to figure out the differences which allows you to get a good result to get a small gif at the end. Then you like to set looping,...
                Exactly. At second thought I have my doubts about such a feature in IV. It's a viewer, not an animation maker.
                And looping is not just a matter of looping or not.
                In an animated GIF it's possible to set the number of file-repeats, plus the duration of each frame.
                Rest In Peace, Sam!

Comment

"IrfanView was the first Windows graphic viewer WORLDWIDE with Multiple (animated) GIF support."

A basic funcionality making animated GIFs like that of "unfreez" would be not so unlogical since irfanpaint is also there and a bit of editing is already possible.

Comment

Working...
                  X