X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Requested Batch Renaming: Sorting Sequence with Different File Types

[Change Request]
    Constellation:
    I want to batch rename my foto session results (JPGs plus AVIs) in the sequence of the time taken (AVI and JPG mixed). The AVI files have a different prefix (MVI) than the JPGs (IMG; Canon Ixus).
    Should be: Sorting in the selection area (upper right screen area) is maintained in the area the files are listed for action (lower right screen area).

currently:
    Step 1: Sorting in the file selection area by date (details view, click at date column for sorting)
    Step 2: "Add all"
    Results: in the result list area, unfortunately first all JPGs, then all AVIs are listed.

It is a hard job to manually adjust the sequence with some hundreds of pics/avis! (I use a separate tool to remove the prefix of jpgs and avis, after that irfanview does what I intend to do, because now I have the serial number first)
    Last edited by matmen; 18.05.2008, 12:47 PM.

This is not a bug report. Please post in the right forum. Thread moved.
    Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

Don't use Add all. Highlight a block of sorted files in the Top right box, left click on the top one, drag the block to the list area and drop it there.

Comment

Working...
      X