Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Requested sub-version

I took a look at the current situation.
    IrfanView 4.10 is the latest, but still has some bugs in it, of different kinds.
    In some cases people still have to switch back to a former edition, like 4.00.
    In the meantime, some 5 plugins are upgraded, so they don't belong to the basic 4.10 package anymore.

So my suggestion is, to make a kind of 'in-between' version of Irfan-View, maybe 4.11, before coming up with a major new version with all the work involved, being 4.20 or even 5.00.
    This version can include the latest plugins, and with, for the progress, just one bug or request solved already.
    I would vote for the added option of choosing the zoom-in-out method, causing a lot of posts here.
    Rest In Peace, Sam!

I agree on all counts.

currently running 4.56 / 32 bit

Comment

Hi Sam,

I agree with you. But I am still wondering if Irfan is aware of the discussions here (feature requests or bugs).

Laurent
      Before you post ... fill in your OS and IV version in your profile.

Comment

I think this request is too subversive.
        Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

Leave the version of IrfanView alone, IrfanView has not been changed. That's not the way to handle plug-in version changes.

All you need to do is append a letter at the end of the name for the plug-in set.
          Currently the "all plug-ins" file name is "irfanview_plugins_410_setup.exe"
          Just call subsequent updated plug-in sets:
          irfanview_plugins_410a_setup.exe, or
          irfanview_plugins_410b_setup.exe, or
          irfanview_plugins_410c_setup.exe, etc.

That way the version of plug-ins released with the level of IrfanView is known, and it is a simple matter to know what is the newer set of plug-ins with just looking at the letter.
          (Hopefully, there won't be 26 plug-in updates before the next version of IrfanView!!)
          I wish to die peacefully in my sleep, like my grandfather.
          Not like those passengers, in his car, when he drove over that cliff.

Comment

Working...
          X