shortcut for "paste custom selection"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Requested shortcut for "paste custom selection"

"SHIFT + W" could be set to do what "SHIFT +C" followed by "Enter" does now,
    eliminating the showing of the "custom selection" menu.

The only way to go IMO is to allow full keyboard customisation.

Everyone has different needs and preferences, so deciding which shortcuts to use, and which are most important is impossible. “You can please some of the people…” as the saying goes.
    Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

"keyboard custumisation"- do you see that coming in the near future for irfanview?
      Would that also allow me to change the function of "CTRL + C"?

I would like it not just to copy a selection, but at the same time it should do what "SHIFT +C" then "ALT+S" followed by "Enter" does, again without showing the "custom selection" menu.

The whole point is, I want a simple way to make collages from different images without having to go through menus. Version 4.20 has some improvements in that direction, but is not quite there.
      Last edited by Antonius; 18.08.2008, 11:51 AM. Reason: The "Alt+S" command was missing in my original post

Comment

Version 4.20 has only recently been released so I don't see another release coming for at least six months, and there's no guarantee it will be included then. We have had very little feedback from Irfan on any of the bug reports or feature requests. Some things were fixed in 4.2 — some were not.
        Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

Working...
        X