• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Requested "Copy..." keyboard shortcut

Hi!
    I don't know if it's sth with my OS, but I miss one function:
    * when I press F8 a "copy to.." window opens. Works fine
    * there's a large list of predefined folders - that's cool BUT I want to copy my files without touching my mouse and without pointing folder's number button at the bottom of the window. Just want to press "1" on my keyboard to copy my file to predefined folder number 1, press "2" to copy to other folder, etc...
    * Now, when I press any number key on my keyboard I only hear an error sound..

Is it sth wrong defined in my IrfanView or the function is not available (yet?)?

It would be even more convenient if I could just press keyboard numbers (without pressing F8 before!) to copy files to defined folders.
    Is there any plug-in with user definable keyboard shortcuts/hotkey?

Regards!

...* Now, when I press any number key on my keyboard I only hear an error sound...
    You need to press Alt+number.

(Any character underlined in a menu or on a button indicate, that this character is the shortcut in conjunction with the ALT key.)

currently running 4.56 / 32 bit

Comment

Originally posted by maciejusz View Post
      * Now, when I press any number key on my keyboard I only hear an error sound..
      It works for me. Maybe you are using an invalid key somehow. Are you trying to use a number pad on a laptop without Num Lk on?

It would be even more convenient if I could just press keyboard numbers (without pressing F8 before!) to copy files to defined folders.
      Is there any plug-in with user definable keyboard shortcuts/hotkey?
      Most of these keys have already been assigned to other functions, making them impossible to use outside of the dialog. User definable keys are being considered for implementation. Other combinations could be used, but wouldn't be any quicker than two consecutive key presses anyway.

Originally posted by jazzman View Post
      You need to press Alt+number.

(Any character underlined in a menu or on a button indicate, that this character is the shortcut in conjunction with the ALT key.)
      Many times ALT is not necessary, like in this dialog.

Comment

Thanks for your answer, but it doesn't work. None of the buttons (labels) is underlined and Alt+number doesn't do anything (well, it does: error sound is no longer played) In other aplications it works fine. It doesn't work neither on WinXP nor on Vista OS
        Last edited by maciejusz; 31.10.2008, 03:17 PM.

Comment

It works fine here whether I press Alt key or not, whether I use the Alpha numeric keys or the Numpad keys with Num Lock on.

Pressing the number keys alone selects the appropriate radio check box by the folder and immeditately copies the current open file or the files selected in the thumbnail view to the designated target directory.
          Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

Maybe there's a plug-in conflict? I have installed a whole pack.. are there any known issues?
            I'll try to remove them and see if it works...

Comment

Just drag a copy of your i_view32.exe someplace else (another folder besides your IrfanView folder) and check if your condition persists with that copy.

Comment

Okay.. I got it.. it's the language file bug There are two polish translations: polski1.dll (freakpp (http://www.iv.freakpp.cba.pl/) and polski2.dll (Grzegorz Kałużny - grzk@interia.pl). When I set the language file to polski1.dll it doesn't work but when I switch to another language or second translation it works fine

Thanks for your support

Comment

Good for you!

Comment

Working...
                  X