Resize to current zoom

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Implemented Resize to current zoom

I use Irfanview to edit and re-size family photos before I put them on our web site. It works great. I often crop and re-size the pictures.

To re-size the pictures I adjust the size of the Irfanview display to get the size I want, select Image>Resize/Resample (or Ctrl-R) and then type in the number I see on the window title for zoom into the "Width" and "Height" fields.

This does exactly what I want.

It would be really nice to have a function (toolbar button?) to resize to the current zoom so that I don't have to type in the displayed values each time.

Regards,
    Skippy

You don't have to type in both, check the "Preserve aspect ratio" box. But the resize to current zoom is a nice idea. I think it may have been suggested before -- memory goes foggy here
    Its: Belongs to "It"
    It's: Shortened form of "It is"
    ---------------------
    Lose: Fail to keep
    Loose: Not tight

---------------------
    Plurals do not require apostrophes

Comment

A good idea. I am not sure whether it would be used enough to justify a dedicated toolbar button though, but I would certainly support an option of "Size as zoomed" under Some Standard Dimensions in the Resize/Resample dialog.

Comment: I would use it for resizing images for Powerpoint presentations. It drives me nuts reducing their size in Powerpoint itself as well as creating monster ppt files.
      Last edited by Mij; 15.11.2008, 04:44 PM. Reason: Comment added

Comment

No need for this.
        • View, Display Options, Use resampling
        • Open the image and resize to the size you want
        • Turn off the toolbar, menus, and status line
        • Capture the current window Client Area and display it in the viewer
        Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

Originally posted by Bhikkhu Pesala View Post
          No need for this.
          • View, Display Options, Use resampling
          • Open the image and resize to the size you want
          • Turn off the toolbar, menus, and status line
          • Capture the current window Client Area and display it in the viewer
          What I am wanting to do is save the file that was originally a few meg in size to a couple of hundred K in size. I don't understand how this helps me get there.

It also appears to be more steps than what I'm doing already.

Comment

I tried initially with FastStone Capture, which makes it much easier, and it worked.

Unfortunately, when I tried the same in IrfanView it captures the client window at full resolution, so it doesn't work. Windows standard shortcut Alter Printscreen captures the Window border, so that doesn't work either.

FastStone Capture the IrfanView Client area (without the window furniture), and I can save the image directly from FastStone.
            • Open first Image in folder in IrfanView
            • Resize the IV Window to what you want (with resample on and fit to Window)
            • Alter PrintScreen
            • Click to select the Client area (the picture)
            • Save from FastStone Capture (FastStone then closes)
            • Scroll to the next picture in IrfanView and repeat
            Attached Files
            Last edited by Bhikkhu Pesala; 30.11.2008, 10:05 PM.
            Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

This is now implemented: Edit menu, Capture visible window area.

Comment

Working...
              X