Stop image advance when in Paint

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Requested Stop image advance when in Paint

I had a look around but couldn't answer this.

I sometimes use the paint plug-in to add some notes to an image, but on many occation, I have clicked on the photo and advanced to the next image, which clears my edits - at least I think it does....

It would be great to have an option where you prevent advancing images if there is paint activity on the current screen - at least without saving...

I am not sure if this should be a feature of Irfanview, or of the paint plug-in...

But I've just accidentally deleted my paint markups five times in a row....

ARG!

Thanks for a great program though - been using it since a long long time ago....

Regards,

SEPP!

There is an easy way to avoid this without losing the option to browse pictures when you want to. Use the /clippaste switch on the shortcut that you use to launch IrfanView.

"C:\Program Files\IrfanView\i_view32.exe" /clippaste
    • Open the image you wish to edit and copy it the clipboard.
    • Close IrfanView and launch it again. Now you cannot browse and lose your edits.
    • Save the clipboard contents as a new image and start work.
    Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

For the next version I proposed to Irfan to add a warning dialog when a new image is going to be loaded if the current image has been edited (this can be achieved by checking if Undo is available); he agreed, so in the next IV version you shouldn't have this problem anymore.
      IrfanPaint developer
      The latest stable IrfanPaint version is the 0.4.13.70.
      IrfanPaint is now open-source (released under BSD license).

Comment

very good idea MItaly! How did you get a hold on Irfan, via e-mail? Me too, I had the experience that he responds to e-mails very quickly whereas I don't have the impression that he's too active on the forum here ...
        ... for bug reports, etc. this is not a good thing though, because nobody else can participate in e-mail exchanges ...

Comment

Working...
        X