Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Auto-stitch, autostitch, panoramic stitch...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Requested Auto-stitch, autostitch, panoramic stitch...

The feature is simple: Select two to many photographs and say, "Go." Irfanview would do the rest, stitching them together.

Additional features I would like to see:

1. Checkboxes for automatic adjustment of color, brightness, and contrast to be done during the stitching process.

2. Ability to output to QuickTime's VR format.

3. Ability to "multilayer." That is, if you have several fairly grainy photos of the same subject, say, the planet Jupiter, IrfanView's stitch feature would have a checkbox entitled "Overlay" or two mutually exclusive buttons entitled "Overlay" and "Best Edge." The Overlay option would use the information in all the layers to create a better image. This is a common feature among photographers. The Best Edge would perform a normal stitch function and simply choose the best line (edge) to use when splicing the images together.

4. Ability to morph-stitch. Similar to overlay, but using the autostitch technology, combined with a slider, which allows the user to chose how much of each photo to include in the resulting morphed photo.

You are familiar with IrfanView's basic panorama functionality, correct? You just want it enhanced?

Comment

The idea is simple, not the feature, nor the implementation of it. You are talking about a very complex process. There is some free experimental software available, and some professional software too; but trying to make our favorite image viewer to do this complex task is really going to bloat it, and just slow it down.

IfranView is not a "be everything" image tool. There are limits, and I think this one feature request is beyond the scope of the overall IrfanView purpose.
      I wish to die peacefully in my sleep, like my grandfather.
      Not like those passengers, in his car, when he drove over that cliff.

Comment

I must agree with ChuckE.

Comment

I agree too.

Please read the sticky thread A Word for the Over Eager
          Last edited by Bhikkhu Pesala; 04.12.2008, 09:31 AM.
          Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

Working...
          X