Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Requested Browse and delete JPEG/Raw pairs

A few additional options I wished for:

When shooting pairs of Raw and Jpeg I usually use IrfanView to quickly browse through my shots and want delete the ones which I dont like. This is usually the first step in my workflow.

1. What would be really cool would be to have an option to only see the JPEGs in FullScreen because loading the belonging RAW is slow.

2. A second option, when deleting a bad shot the belonging RAW should be deleted as well. This would quickly speed up this step in my workflow!

3. When looking at my shots in full screen it would be fantastic to have a shortcut which zooms to 100% and back to "fit to window" zoom. When in zoom 100% mode I sometimes accidentially try to hit the space bar to get the Pan tool since this is the default for all Adobe products and I just got so used to that. But that just forwards to the next image :-(

Having said that I should reiterate how fantastic IrfanView is and how much it means to me and my workflow.

Keep up the good work Irfan!
    Last edited by mwfn; 21.12.2008, 05:31 PM. Reason: accidentially hit the Speichern button ...

1. See Properties, Extensions to choose which file types to load.

2. Just delete all RAW files when you're done.

3. See Help, Available Hotkeys
    Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

It is always frustrating to work with images that load at different speeds.
      What you might find helpful is to open Thumbnails and sort them by Extension. Your JPG images will then all be together and you can double click on the first to start looking at them in the Viewer. When you come to one that you want to delete press Alt+Tab to bring the thumbnails to the front, find and select both the JPG and the RAW version and Delete both together from there. Alt+Tab again to take you back to the Viewer and continue.

Or you could try Faststone Image Viewer which has an option to just display embedded thumbnails of the RAW files when it comes to them.

Comment

Originally posted by mwfn View Post
        3. When looking at my shots in full screen it would be fantastic to have a shortcut which zooms to 100% and back to "fit to window" zoom.
        Use the 1-6 number keys at the top of the keyboard to temporarily change the display. Pressing the F key also cycles the modes.

1 = Full screen mode: Show images/movies with the original size (1:1)
        2 = Full screen mode: Fit to screen: large images only
        3 = Full screen mode: Fit to screen: all images/movies
        4 = Full screen mode: Stretch all images/movies to screen
        5 = Full screen mode: Fit image width to screen width
        6 = Full screen mode: Fit image height to screen height

Originally posted by Mij View Post
        When you come to one that you want to delete press Alt+Tab to bring the thumbnails to the front, find and select both the JPG and the RAW version and Delete both together from there. Alt+Tab again to take you back to the Viewer and continue.
        Or just Tab.

Comment

Working...
        X