Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Requested Better JPEG Compression

Feature request:
    Better JPEG compression like one used in Image Compressor 2008.

I can't afford to buy the application, so having the same superb quality JPEG in IrfanView will be very good

Try save for the Web using the RIOT plugin. That has many options for compressing JPG images.
    Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

Where can i get that RIOT plugin?
      Is it free?

Comment

Yes, it's free.
        IrfanPaint developer
        The latest stable IrfanPaint version is the 0.4.13.70.
        IrfanPaint is now open-source (released under BSD license).

Comment

Where can i get that RIOT plugin? ...
          It's right - for an actual version you can look at: http://luci.criosweb.ro/riot/

But the RIOT-Plugin is always included in IrfanView!

Open a picture and then use "Save for Web... (Plugin)" in program menu of IrfanView under: \File\!
          But it's also possible to "Set file size (RIOT Plugin)" in options of batch conversion!

Comment

Originally posted by Frank View Post
            But the RIOT-Plugin is always included in IrfanView!
            IrfanView only comes with these plugins to start with: Effects, Paint, Ansi2Unicode, Icons, Mpg, Slideshow-EXE and Video. So, the RIOT plugin is not included, unless you install the plugin package. However, the latest RIOT plugin should be downloaded from the RIOT website as mentioned. The version in the plugin package is actually quite dated.

Comment

It's correct ... you must install the plugin package to get the RIOT-Plugin!

Comment

Working...
              X