Scroll Bar for Large GIF Animations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Requested Scroll Bar for Large GIF Animations

Hi, first of all hello to everyone, this is my first post but im being arround here a long time now, after looking for this to be reported before i didnt find any report, so i decided to tell you about it.

I'm using IV4.23, but it has been happening from a long time, i can recall it happening from older versions too, but cant tell exactly since when this happens. I'm using windows XP Pro, all plugins from irfanview are new too.

the problem is this:

Every time I try to open a very big animated gif, when it goes outside the size of the screen, it doesn't show a scroll bar to see it, it just crop the image to the bottom of the screen.

this is an example:

and this is how it looks like in my irfan, no scroll bars.

I dont know it just annoys me, its something that the windows preview tool does perfectly :/

well thanks again, if you need to know something more let me know.

So far, I only can say "confirmed".
    Rest In Peace, Sam!

Comment

Get a bigger monitor

Zoom out will show the whole image.

Turning off animation will show the scroll bar.
      Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

Not much chance of this getting fixed unless someone can provide a good explanation of why it is needed. Personally, I cannot see any need for it. In the unlikely event that I did want to view an animation like this, I could load it in my browser.

Irfan said:
        Such "features" makes no sense in most situations => not added yet, maybe someday, if some user can send me a reasonable explanation why this is important.
        Last edited by Bhikkhu Pesala; 26.02.2009, 12:04 PM.
        Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

Originally posted by Bhikkhu Pesala View Post
          Not much chance of this getting fixed unless someone can provide a good explanation of why it is needed. Personally, I cannot see any need for it. In the unlikely event that I did want to view an animation like this, I could load it in my browser.
          well yes, thats the point isn't it? if i want to view the animation i have to use another program... well i said it was annoying, and i don't understand why it happens when a browser or another program do it easily... well never mind, thanks anyway

Comment

I support this request; how can you say that it isn't needed? It's needed as scrollbars are needed for any image!
            BTW, that gif is awesome!
            IrfanPaint developer
            The latest stable IrfanPaint version is the 0.4.13.70.
            IrfanPaint is now open-source (released under BSD license).

Comment

I agree. Why should image size matter? I don't believe there are consumer monitors that could accomodate 2430px of vertical resolution. If IrfanView is a viewer, it should be able to handle something like this. That is its purpose.

Comment

I agree too.
                Rest In Peace, Sam!

Comment

Originally posted by MItaly View Post
                  I support this request; how can you say that it isn't needed? It's needed as scrollbars are needed for any image!
                  BTW, that gif is awesome!
                  Personally, I cannot see any need for it.

BTW, that gif sucks.

Anyway, arguing the toss in this thread is pointless. Irfan doesn't read this forum. I already informed him of the problem and sent the gif to him. He responded as above.

Comment

Working...
                  X