Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Requested keyboard shortcut for Panarama function

hi all,

i've been using irfanview for quite some time and its a great program. what i'm looking for is a keyboard shortcut for deploying Panarama function. so far, the ways to do this thru the Image>Create Panaroma Image function and thru the thumbnail selection and right-clik menu options. but a keyboard key would be waaaaaaay more convenient. please help. thanks.

A kb shortcut for the Ponoramo function.., great. Support ++
    Rest In Peace, Sam!

Comment

You can use Alt+I, P in main window in English interface.

Comment

Originally posted by itwisp View Post
        You can use Alt+I, P in main window in English interface.
        yes. i know about that. i'm looking for a one-letter activation shortcut much like pressing the letter 'B' for batch processing when making multiple file selections in the thumbnail screen. something similar to that.

better yet: the ability to select 2 or more thumbnails in the thumbnail screen and dragging the files onto the main editing screen for an instant panorama image! that would be sooooooooo simple!! how bout that??

Comment

A request is always so simple. But realisation of it could often be veeeeeery complicated.

I don't consider 'Alt+I, P' as a shortcut. It's just calling the menu.

One could do 'Alt+I, w' to create a new image. But the shortcut is 'Shift+N'.
          Rest In Peace, Sam!

Comment

How often do you make panoramas, Thor628? There are other features still without shortcuts that would be much higher on my priority list.

I know that there are many shortcuts in IrfanView for features that are used even less (I wonder when was the last time that anyone used A to open the About IrfanView dialog?) but, even though I do use panorama quite a lot, I have never felt a need for a dedicated shortcut key.

Comment

I know what you mean Mij. But, even that A hotkey can be pretty helpful sometimes identifying what version you are running when you've got so many running at once!

Have you tried the /panorama=(X,files) command line option? You can send a bunch of images to a batch file without having IrfanView even open. It can either display the result or save it automatically. The only thing is you have to watch out how long your paths are or the command won't run correct. It was easier in the past when IrfanView didn't look in its own folder for files, too.

Comment

I use this function regularly so it would be nice to have a shortcut for it.
                It's not my priority to have a single letter as command, but I think Shift+P could be a proper one.
                Rest In Peace, Sam!

Comment

Milj,

i do quite a LOT of 2 or 3 file panaromas, and that's why i am really interested in a keyboard shortcut; or, as i stated earlier: a select, drag-n-drop, method. as an added functionality, make it flexible to switch images from left to right and vice-versa. now, THAT would REALLY be most EXXXXcellent!! FYI, the program, photoimpact [under edit>stitch] has this function.

Comment

Originally posted by Sam_Zen View Post
                    It's not my priority to have a single letter as command, but I think Shift+P could be a proper one.
                    Can't, it's taken.

SHIFT+P Copy current filename to clipboard

Even worse, P, CTRL+P, CTRL+SHIFT+P, CTRL+ALT+P are all taken. I'd imagine ALT+P is also reserved. The only 'P' left is ALT+SHIFT+P.

Comment

I don't see the point of these discussions — we just need the option to customise the interface — then everyone can assign whatever shortcuts they like.

I've just been playing around with customising the interface in PDF-XChange. It is one of the most flexible programs I have come across when it comes to customisation.

Note that the toolbar icons on the menu bar and dialogues to customise the properties of each item on the interface.
                      Attached Files
                      Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

Originally posted by thor628 View Post
                        i do quite a LOT of 2 or 3 file panaromas, and that's why i am really interested in a keyboard shortcut; or, as i stated earlier: a select, drag-n-drop, method.
                        You should try the batch file. Just select and drag-n-drop on your batch file. If doing it this way, your last choice will be the first file. You can even get around the path limit I mentioned, by making virtual drives, to shorten the paths.

If you need more control over order, then drag the batch file into a command window, and drag each file into it with spaces in between them.

Comment

Originally posted by Bhikkhu Pesala View Post
                          I've just been playing around with customising the interface in PDF-XChange. It is one of the most flexible programs I have come across when it comes to customisation.
                          That is a good example of a customizable interface. FreeCommander also allows you to edit shortcuts:

Click image for larger version

Name:	Image037.png
Views:	1
Size:	16.4 KB
ID:	79857

As does Imagine Viewer:

Click image for larger version

Name:	Image043.png
Views:	1
Size:	19.6 KB
ID:	79858
                          Last edited by Skippybox; 15.07.2009, 06:34 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Skippybox View Post
                            You should try the batch file. Just select and drag-n-drop on your batch file. If doing it this way, your last choice will be the first file. You can even get around the path limit I mentioned, by making virtual drives, to shorten the paths.

If you need more control over order, then drag the batch file into a command window, and drag each file into it with spaces in between them.
                            how would you create such a batch file? i have no clue.

Comment

Explaining how to make one is probably beyond the scope of this forum. But, here are two starter batch files:

1. This one let's you drag a selection of a couple images onto it and will build the panorama:

Code:
                              @echo off
                              if "%~1"=="" goto :eof
                              set Cmd=Z:\IrfanView425.lnk /panorama=(1
                              :prev
                              set File=,%~1
                              set Cmd=%Cmd%%File%
                              Shift
                              if "%~1"=="" goto next
                              goto prev
                              :next
                              set Cmd=%Cmd%)
                              %Cmd%
                              goto :eof
                              2. This one tries to limit the length of the command to accommodate more images, but it does so with the requirement that all images reside in the same directory:

Code:
                              @echo off
                              if "%~1"=="" goto :eof
                              set Drive=%~d1
                              set Source=%~dp1
                              set Cmd=Z:\i_view32.exe /panorama=(1
                              :prev
                              set File=,%~nx1
                              set Cmd=%Cmd%%File%
                              Shift
                              if "%~1"=="" goto next
                              goto prev
                              :next
                              set Cmd=%Cmd%)
                              %Drive%
                              cd %Source%
                              %Cmd%
                              goto :eof
                              With either of these you can drop a selection of images onto the batch file (place focus on file you want first for a double panorama), or you can drag the batch file into the command window and separate with a space each image that you drag into the window after it, to get order control.

You can adjust these batch files quite a bit to your needs and/or make another for vertical panoramas. Remember to keep paths short by whatever methods available to you!

Comment

Working...
                              X