Auto Scroll DeskTop Capture.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Requested Auto Scroll DeskTop Capture.

For the most part now what I don't see on IrfanView is an auto scroll desktop capture, now it has OCR and even some paint tools and it can use imported palettes (.pal).
    It keeps getting better and better, I use the paint tools a lot and like that it has arrows also that can be drawn over the picture and mostly the text that can be put on them, but do miss an auto scroll feature that can capture the whole desktop, I know that it can be done with some other programs, but I don't like to have to use too many programs as Irfanview already does most of what I want including drawing with it, which can be done even down to the pixel level if you zoom a picture all the way, that is great.
    .PNG and .Tif files are great for use and Irfanview allows pictures to be saved or changed to other image formats anyway.
    Irfanview is a very great program.
    Thanks very much!

I don't know how difficult an auto scroll feature would be to create, but using another program is not really a bad thing.

If you set up a dedicated screen capture program to work in the background, then there really isn't much to worry about. In fact, they can be very flexible by copying the capture to the clipboard (where you could easily paste it into IrfanView), or automatically saving the image and opening it in an external editor (like IrfanView!). I use PicPick, which offers such and also can capture a scrolling window.

Comment

Originally posted by Skippybox View Post
      I don't know how difficult an auto scroll feature would be to create, but using another program is not really a bad thing.

Hi,
      But it is generally useful it the same program can do it at the same time. Shifting between programs is a bit tedious. But this feature is mostly needed for webpages... I usually print the webpages as PDF instead of capture.

Praz

Comment

Originally posted by prazcolt View Post
        But it is generally useful it the same program can do it at the same time. Shifting between programs is a bit tedious.
        It is difficult to see how anyone is going to capture a scrolling web page from IrfanView without shifting to another program such as a web browser. Or, if using the web browser, you need to launch IrfanView to take a screen shot.

Load FastStone Capture or a similar program at Windows startup, and then you can capture whatever you need, whether running IrfanView or not.

Use easy to remember (and customisable) shortcuts with combinations on the PrintScreen key.

Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

Its the same story:
          1. whether sufficient number of users want the feature (which they don't seem to want, for IrfanView is a lot more popular than FastStone)
          2. whether the required programming overheads are huge

IrfanView's popularity is, to a large measure, due to its tiny size and lightning speed. I believe there are no plans to deviate from these characteristics!
          Download IrfanView Help Manual from:
          IrfanView Website - Here
          Sam_Zen's Website - Here
          Author's Website - Here

Comment

Working...
          X