Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Requested Missing features from Automatic Viewing

Hi,

I love this app and would not hesitate making a donation if the following features were added to Automatic Viewing:
    - Alpha blend between photo changes
    - Dynamic Auto Rotate according to EXIF without altering original photo
    - Allow custom duration in seconds between photo changes

Basically this would make it the best photo viewer gadget for windows

I'm sorry but I don't consider IrfanView being a 'gadget'..
    Rest In Peace, Sam!

Comment

Originally posted by Sam_Zen View Post
      I'm sorry but I don't consider IrfanView being a 'gadget'..
      Sorry I did not mean it that way, what I meant was that Irfanview would make a nice replacement to the Photo viewer in Vista / Windows 7 with the added bonus of being a better replacement for the Side bar slideshow as well.

BTW, I found that the curstom duration is already there

Also another member has also requested the same enhancements to the Auto View function.

Anyway, just thought I could suggest improvements since it is a good product.

Comment

Originally posted by cenonmin View Post
        - Dynamic Auto Rotate according to EXIF without altering original photo
        Options, Properties, JPG/PCD/GIF, Auto-rotate image according to Exif info (if available)
        Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan Paint • Irfan View Help • IrfanPaint Help • Riot.dll • More Skins • FastStone Capture • Uploads

Comment

Alpha blend -- excellent suggestion!

I like the suggestion "Alpha blend between photo changes." It would set IrfanView somewhat above the other freeware/donation-ware graphics applications, at any rate.

IrfanView kind of lags behind in the "slide show transition" aspect of things, and alpha-blending, if nothing else, is certanly keeping up with the times and trends. If it can't be written into the "mother" product, IrfanView itself, it might be time to re-consider a standalone slideshow app (IrfanShow?) where it could be coded in at square one.

BZT
          There's still room for two things in IrfanView: 1). Space at the bottom of each image in a full-screen slideshow to display such metadata as keywords, supplemental categories, origin etc.; 2). Space to add just those few (dozen) annoying metadata tags IrfanView can't read in, edit or save back to a file. I advocate both. BZT

Comment

Originally posted by cenonmin View Post
            Sorry I did not mean it that way, what I meant was that Irfanview would make a nice replacement to the Photo viewer in Vista / Windows 7 with the added bonus of being a better replacement for the Side bar slideshow as well.

BTW, I found that the curstom duration is already there

Also another member has also requested the same enhancements to the Auto View function.

Anyway, just thought I could suggest improvements since it is a good product.
            cenomin, strictly speaking, 'Gadgets' refers to tangible hardware, while IrfanView is intangible Software - and therefore, not a Gadget. We get the idea though! Best of luck with your Photo editing!
            Download IrfanView Help Manual from:
            IrfanView Website - Here
            Sam_Zen's Website - Here
            Author's Website - Here

Comment

Alpha blending

Originally posted by Silversleeves View Post
              I like the suggestion "Alpha blend between photo changes." It would set IrfanView somewhat above the other freeware/donation-ware graphics applications, at any rate.
              IrfanView kind of lags behind in the "slide show transition" aspect of things, and alpha-blending, if nothing else, is certanly keeping up with the times and trends. If it can't be written into the "mother" product, IrfanView itself, it might be time to re-consider a standalone slideshow app (IrfanShow?) where it could be coded in at square one.
              BZT
              You already have alpha blending in slide shows if you check Apply alpha blending in the Fullscreen/Slideshow View options.
              I assume that by "Automatic viewing" the OP means displaying images in the Browser automatically by pressing the Shift+A hotkey. That does not have alpha blending currently.

Comment

I do hope the features get implemented sometime. I have searched all over and the only thing that comes close is XnView but even that falls short. Basically the features of the Vista sidebar slideshow but with auto-rotate would make this product awesome.

Comment

If a large of users request a certain feature, and it does not cause IrfanView to become terribly heavy and/ or consume a lot more resource, it will get incorporated into a later version.
                  IrfanView Website - Here
                  Sam_Zen's Website - Here
                  Author's Website - Here

Comment

Cenonmin. I am rather confused by your request. You do now appear to want these features available an Irfanview slideshow but, if I understand you correctly, they are all features that are already available.
                    Alpha blend is available by selecting the option I described in post 7, Auto rotate by selecting the option Bhikku Pesala described in post 4 and Custom rotation that you say you have now found in post 3.
                    So what is it that you are still hoping will be implemented?

Comment

With all requested features requested by cenonmin already present in IrfanView, hope he has made the promised donation!
                      IrfanView Website - Here
                      Sam_Zen's Website - Here
                      Author's Website - Here

Comment

Originally posted by Mij View Post
                        Cenonmin. I am rather confused by your request. You do now appear to want these features available an Irfanview slideshow but, if I understand you correctly, they are all features that are already available.
                        Alpha blend is available by selecting the option I described in post 7, Auto rotate by selecting the option Bhikku Pesala described in post 4 and Custom rotation that you say you have now found in post 3.
                        So what is it that you are still hoping will be implemented?
                        Oh yes the last two options are now okay, but Alpha blend is being ignored when slideshow is in windowed mode. Also it would be better if the slideshow in windowed mode:
                        - Has a window border so that the window can be positioned easily by the user
                        - The windowed slideshow saves its last position in the INI file

Basically, it is Shift+A functionality with Alpha blend and window positioning. Similar to Vista sidebar slideshow gadget.
                        Last edited by cenonmin; 25.01.2010, 12:26 AM.

Comment

Hi Cenonmin.
                          If you do use the shift+A function then you can create a window without toolbars, etc. either by using the shortcut keys (Alt+Shift+S,T,M or C) or using a command line switch (/hide=7 or 15 , 7 if you want to leave the caption bar for dragging the window into position, 15 if you are content to move by resizing the edges or using the Windows Alt+space function). Remember to select a View mode that does not mess about with the Window size, such as Fit images to window.

You are still missing Alpha blend though. That has been requested before, especially for Shift+A use in Fullscreen, but it would do no harm to request it again for whatever mode you really would prefer to use it in - windowed slideshow or windowed viewer.

Comment

Originally posted by Mij View Post
                            Hi Cenonmin.
                            If you do use the shift+A function then you can create a window without toolbars, etc. either by using the shortcut keys (Alt+Shift+S,T,M or C) or using a command line switch (/hide=7 or 15 , 7 if you want to leave the caption bar for dragging the window into position, 15 if you are content to move by resizing the edges or using the Windows Alt+space function). Remember to select a View mode that does not mess about with the Window size, such as Fit images to window.

You are still missing Alpha blend though. That has been requested before, especially for Shift+A use in Fullscreen, but it would do no harm to request it again for whatever mode you really would prefer to use it in - windowed slideshow or windowed viewer.
                            I also expect to be able to run Shift+A from the command line that way it is possible to automaticlaly start a slide show same as the normal one. XnView is really close in terms of functionality, if they only remembered window position it would be complete. As it is now I am trying to find a utility app to force their window to a specified position.
                            Last edited by cenonmin; 26.01.2010, 07:29 PM.

Comment

Working...
                            X