Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

aspect ratio for making selection (jpg lossless croping)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Requested aspect ratio for making selection (jpg lossless croping)

could you think about one improvement in next version of irfanview? I would really appreciate, if there is a possibility to set fix aspect ratio for making selection (2:3, 4:3, 16:9 etc.). In combination with lossless JPG crop this could be great tool to croping photographies. Thank you for your attention and sorry for my poor english

That option is already available on the Custom selection dialogue. If you need any other ratio, enter your own, and then resize the selection on the image by holding control key while dragging the edge of the selection.
    Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

Thank you. I didnt noticed this. But still, could it be possible that the program would remember my (saved) aspect ratio and any selection I do, will be fixed to it? Now it works different - I make a selection, then I set the aspect ratio and after clicking OK my selection is changed in one direction (probably via bottomed edge) - but this way I lose control over the selection.
      My suggestion is that the selection I do is fixed to selected ratio and anytime I do any selection I can see what I am actually selecting with respect to aspect ratio chosen.
      Or maybe I do something wrong and it could be working the way I discribed and I just dont know how?
      Thank you!

Comment

There is an option on the custom selection dialogue to save the current selection. It will be used next time, unless you create a selection with the mouse.
        Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

Working...
        X