Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Implemented Print Dialog - Separate Horizontal & Vertical Centering

Suggestion:

In the Print Preview printer dialog pop-up, provide separate check boxes for centering horizontally and vertically.

Rationale:
    I often find I wish to print an image horizontally centered, but near the top of a page. I have to visually guess how much left margin to set in order to get that done. The current centered check box places the image in the middle of the page both vertically and horizontally.

Thanks,

SD
    Irfanview 4.62 32-bit
    Windows 10 64-bit

Better to do 3x3 radio buttons:

... And count margins from nearest sides (if not centered).
    Last edited by RottenImp; 07.01.2015, 03:53 PM.
    IV 4.56 32-bit

Comment

I agree that this is a sensible request, which should be easy to implement. I have forwarded it to Irfan Skiljan.
      Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

Originally posted by Bhikkhu Pesala View Post
        I agree that this is a sensible request, which should be easy to implement. I have forwarded it to Irfan Skiljan.
        Not sure if I replied before, but if not, thanks Bhikkhu Pesala!

SD
        Irfanview 4.62 32-bit
        Windows 10 64-bit

Comment

Could I ask what has happened with this suggestion? Has it been rejected or is it just down the list a ways? I am currently looking at Ver. 4.42 - 32 bit.

Thanks,
          SD
          Irfanview 4.62 32-bit
          Windows 10 64-bit

Comment

To centre the print near the top, clear the Centred checkbox, then enter the top margin that you want. The calculated left margin remains when you clear the checkbox.
            Attached Files
            Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

To centre the print near the top, clear the Centred checkbox, then enter the top margin that you want. The calculated left margin remains when you clear the checkbox.
              Very cool. I hadn't been aware of that before.

Thank you Bhikkhu Pesala for the answer to my issue.

SD
              Irfanview 4.62 32-bit
              Windows 10 64-bit

Comment

Originally posted by SmogDog View Post
                Very cool. I hadn't been aware of that before.

Thank you Bhikkhu Pesala for the answer to my issue.

SD
                It's new after 4.38. Centering the image on the paper in IrfanView 4.38 did not set the margins.
                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                X