Corel style mini window navigation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Requested Corel style mini window navigation

Hi may be could be nice to have in IV a mini window (like Corel has) for navigate in a big image I make a sample

Tks...

Welcome to the Forum, alteya. IrfanView is minuscule compared to Corel's size. By Design. A mini navigation window like you propose has not been suggested by too many people. Even if suggested, implementing it may make IrfanView bigger than acceptable.

I use Control-R to resize a large image to viewable (and editable) size: it works very well for me!
    Download IrfanView Help Manual from:
    IrfanView Website - Here
    Sam_Zen's Website - Here
    Author's Website - Here

Comment

Tks for the reply, some times I have pics with more than 7000 px, and I need to see them in 100% size, so that feature would be nice in the future, tks again and keep doing IF the best image viewer!!!

Comment

I think that it may be useful; moreover, it wouldn't be difficult at all to implement, and also it would be ridicule in terms of code size.
        IrfanPaint developer
        The latest stable IrfanPaint version is the 0.4.13.70.
        IrfanPaint is now open-source (released under BSD license).

Comment

I would welcome a function like this too, as I work regularly with large images (sometimes even with hundreds of megapixels) in fullscreen, it would be immensely helpful to have a small window or thumbnail in one corner that would show current position in the entire picture

Comment

This seems like useless clutter in an image viewer. Hit the F shortcut to fit the window, select the area you want to zoom to, and click inside it.

If you want to see how this should be implemented, try FastStone Image Viewer. When an image is opened it is fitted to the fullscreen with no toolbar clutter at all. Hold down the left mouse to zoom in to your preset magnification level and drag to pan anywhere in the image.
            Last edited by Bhikkhu Pesala; 11.06.2010, 04:27 PM.
            Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

Try to open a picture like this in IV. If I need to find something in a picture this size, I need to look for it in 100% zoom, not fitted in screen, because I wouldn't see it, so I use the right mouse button drag function to look, and it would be very useful to know where on the picture you are. If I had to always fit to screen to find out where I am and zoom back to where I need to, it would take a LOT of time, because the picture is so damn big. A small thumbnail would remove the need to zoom out or fit the picture all the time, because it would give mi info about my current position, and I don't think it would be useless clutter if you could turn it off in settings.

Comment

Working...
              X